For advisors qualified to increase their level on the register.
Increasing your level to Primary Advisor
- Prepare a 500 word reflective consideration of each of the following (1) "Managing Progress" and (2) "Continuing your supervisory development" from on-line course "Advising Higher Degree by Research Candidates" available on the Higher Degree by Research Advisors Organisation on LearnJCU
- Prepare a Statement of Advisory Expectations, exemplar
Increasing your level to Primary Advanced Advisor
- One HDR supervision completion as primary or secondary advisor (details required if external to JCU)
- Complete the portfolio task in "Working with an advisory team or mentor" available on the Higher Degree by Research Advisors Organisation on LearnJCU (see attached)
Increasing your level to Advisor Mentor
- Two HDR supervision completions with at least one as the primary advisor (details required if external to JCU)
- Prepare a Statement of Advisory expectations (exemplar) aligned to the status of Advisor Mentor that speaks to your role in building candidate and advisor capacity. Please include a comment on how you build research communities and collaborations through your advisory work.
Provide written work to your College ADRE for checking along with your completed application form. Your ADRE must support your application to increase your level and then forward the application and written tasks to email@example.com.
** If you do not have access to the online course in LearnJCU, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be added to the Higher Degree by Research Advisor Organisation, and provide your jc number.