You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
For HDR Advisors
HDR Advisors Training Program
Resources and Support
- Research Education Sub-Committee and Executive
- Advisor Handbook
- Principles for Respectful Supervisory Relationships
- HDR Advisors Training Program
- Workshops & Training
- Policy & Procedure
- Research Excellence
- Contact Us
Time for Research
As a busy academic do you feel like you never have enough time to get to your research, particularly the writing part? And that other things like students, administration, committees, emails, project management etc demand all your time?
This workshop shows you how to guarantee you spend high quality time on your research outputs. It covers prioritising, goal setting and managing competing demands in a university context. If you want to increase your research output without compromising your work/life balance, then this workshop is for you. Key aspects of this workshop have featured in the journal Nature.
This workshop will show you how to:
- take control of your time
- stop procrastinating and stay motivated
- avoid distractions
- say NO (and understand why it is so hard to do so)
- balance competing demands
- manage email and paperwork
- work the slightly less hard way
- think more realistically about your research productivity
Who is it for: Academic/research staff wishing to increase their research output.
Presented by Hugh Kearns from Thinkwell. Hugh has worked with thousands of academic all over the world for the past 25 years. He draws on this experience and his background in psychology to provide this practical workshop on how to stay well during your academic career.
|Cairns||Thursday 28 November 2019||9:00am to 12:00pm||TBA|
|Townsville||Thursday 28 November 2019||9:00am to 12:00pm||TBA video link from Cairns|
|Zoom||Thursday 28 November 2019||9:00am to 12:00pm||https://jcu.zoom.us/j/537005944|
Register via the online form.