Policies, procedures and practices for advising JCU research candidates change over time, and it is important for all advisors to stay up to date. Therefore, we ask all who are on the Register of Advisors to update their knowledge once every four years.
Secondary and Primary Advisor Update
- Read the JCU HDR Advisor's Handbook and complete the online quiz consisting of 10 multiple choice questions (see instructions below)
Primary Advanced and Advisor Mentor Update
Based on your activities over the last four years, you have the following options:
Instructions on how to access the online quiz in LearnJCU
- Log into LearnJCU
- Choose "Organisations"
- Choose the "Higher Degree by Research Advisor Organisation". If you do not have access to this organisation, please email the email@example.com and you will be added (please quote your JC number in the email)
- Click on UPDATE: Online Advisor Training Quiz (left hand side)
- Read the JCU HDR Advisor's Handbook
- Complete the quiz - you must score 10 out of 10
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure your registration is extended.