You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
For HDR Advisors
HDR Advisors Training Program
Resources and Support
- Research Education Sub-Committee and Executive
- Advisor Handbook
- Principles for Respectful Supervisory Relationships
- HDR Advisors Training Program
- Workshops & Training
- Policy & Procedure
- Research Excellence
- Contact Us
Policies, procedures and practices for advising JCU research candidates change over time, and it is important for all advisors to stay up to date. Therefore, we ask all who are on the Register of Advisors to update their knowledge once every four years. This is a simple process that requires reading the latest Advisor Handbook and answering some questions on its content.
- (Compulsory) Read the JCU HDR Advisor's Handbook and pass the online quiz in **LearnJCU Higher Degree by Research Advisors organisation**. The training module is called "Update: Online Advisor Training Quiz".
- (Optional) Watch "The Outstanding Supervisors Video" from Angel Productions.
- (Optional) Attend occasional lectures and workshops on supervisory matters.
Once you have completed the online quiz, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure your registration is extended.
Instructions on how to access the training in LearnJCU
- Log into LearnJCU
- Choose "Organisations"
- Choose the "Higher Degree by Research Advisor Organisation". If you do not have access to this organisation, please email the email@example.com and you will be added (please quote your JC number in the email)
- Click on UPDATE: Online Advisor Training Quiz (left hand side)
- Read the JCU HDR Advisor's Handbook
- Complete the quiz - 10 multiple choice questions