Information for JCU Cairns Graduates
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- IT Services
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Off-Campus Students
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- VAVS Home
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTD
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
|Ceremony||Colleges of the Division of Tropical Environments & Societies and|
Colleges of the Division of Tropical Health & Medicine
|Date||March ceremonies postponed, additional information to be advised.|
|Time||To be confirmed|
|Venue||To be confirmed|
Please refer to What do I need to do to graduate web pages prior to your ceremony.
To ensure the continued well being of all our Graduands, staff and guests, we kindly request that students Doff in place of a handshake with our Chancellor.
At the ceremony
When to arrive
It is expected that graduands arrive at least two hours prior to the ceremony commencement time to allow time for parking, gown collection and photography prior to registration.
It is recommend that you wear clothing that is neat, smart and comfortable. You’ll need shoes that are suitable for stairs, carpet and slippery surfaces. Thongs, shorts, t-shirts, jeans and ripped clothing are not considered appropriate.
Upon arrival please collect your gown if you haven’t done so prior to the ceremony. If you have a JCU approved gown, staff will be available to assist with gowning you.
Early Collection available from Cairns Campus D003-001 (Foyer area)
Silver Rose Photography will be providing the photographic services at the graduation including portrait and family photography sessions.
The studio will reopen immediately after the ceremony.
Before you register you must be wearing your full academic dress. Quote your registration number at the registration desk to receive your graduation card.
You will need your Graduation card to present before you cross the stage, so please keep this card with you at all times.
Late Graduands may not be permitted to enter or participate in the ceremony.
Graduands will be seated in reserved seating in the order they will walk across the stage. If you have specific seating requirements, please advise email@example.com at your earliest convenience
You may invite as many guests as you wish and admission is free. Guests may sit in any non-reserved seats in the auditorium. Only Graduands are seated in reserved seating separate from guests. Dress code is smart casual.
Please request assistance from an usher for Disabled seating.
Following the ceremony, complimentary light refreshments will be served.
Returning your academic dress
All hired items must be returned to the gowning area within 2 hours of the completion of the ceremony.
There are no facilities available to leave any personal items (handbags/mobiles etc) either on your seat or when crossing the stage. All your personal belongings must be left with guests, or you may consider clothing with a pocket under your gown.
Cultural Sashing Ceremony
Aboriginal and Torres Strait graduates who have identified their heritage on Student One will be presented with a JCU Cultural Sash at informal ceremonies prior to each graduation ceremony. An invitation with details will be emailed to recipients prior to the ceremony date.
It is anticipated the ceremony will run for approximately two hours. Following the ceremony, complimentary light refreshments will be served in the forecourt.
All ceremonies will be streamed live.