You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Arts, Society and Education
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Graduates Check List - Townsville
Graduates Check List
Townsville March 2019 Graduation Ceremonies
Venue: Townsville Entertainment Centre
Wednesday 27 March 2019, commencing at 3.00pm
- College of Arts, Society & Education
Thursday 28 March 2019, commencing at 10.30am
- College of Business, Law & Governance
Thursday 28 March 2019, commencing at 3.00pm
- College of Science & Engineering
- College Of Public Health, Medical & Veterinary Sciences
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine & Dentistry
Inability to attend your nominated ceremony
Please advise email@example.com if you are not able to attend your nominated ceremony.
Academic Dress – Diploma, Bachelor, Honours, Masters and PhD
It is compulsory to wear JCU approved academic dress at ceremonies.
To hire or purchase JCU approved gowns for the Townsville and Cairns ceremonies please link to the official JCU graduation gown hire form at: https://www.grad360.com.au/jcu.
Please assist in making your graduation an enjoyable experience by adhering to the following instructions.
During the week leading up to your ceremony you will be emailed your ceremony registration number. Please make a note of this number and bring it with you to the registration desk, being able to quote this number will speed up the registration process for you.
Before you can register you must be wearing your full academic dress.
NB PhD Graduates Only. When you are gowned (gown collection instructions will be provided when you complete your gown hire form) do not register as per the following instructions for all other graduates. You will be advised of your registration procedure in information sent to you approximately a week before your ceremony.
Registration Desk (Follow the signs in the foyer)
- For the 10.30 am Ceremony Registration Opens at9.30am & Closes at 10.00am
- For the 3.00pm Ceremonies Registration Opens at 2.00pm & Closes at 2.30pm
Note: Graduands who register late may not be able to be presented in their correct order or if the ceremony has commenced possibly not presented at all. To allow time to park, collect your gown and photography (if time still permits) it is recommended that graduands arrive at the venue two hours before the ceremony commences.
IMPORTANT Personal Items – For safety and security reasons you are not permitted to carry personal items (handbags / mobiles etc.) with you on to the stage during your presentation to the Chancellor. Please leave any personal items with family or friends prior to registering. Following your presentation to the Chancellor you may not return to your original seat so for security and safety reasons personal items cannot be left under seats so please leave them with family before register.
After you have registered you will be required to take your seat in the auditorium.
Cultural Sash Presentation
Eligible Aboriginal and Torres Strait graduates will be presented with a JCU Cultural Sash at informal ceremonies commencing in the Magnetic Room (see 2 on floor plan below) 30 minutes prior to the commencement of your graduation ceremony. An invitation will be sent by email to eligible recipients prior to the ceremony date.
The Graduation Ceremony
Each ceremony is expected to run for approximately two hours.
Graduands, you will be seated in tiered seating. If this will cause you difficulties please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may invite as many guests as you wish, admission is free, it is not possible to reserve seats for guests. Graduands are seated in reserved seating so guests may sit in any non-reserved seats in the auditorium. The auditorium will open at 2.00pm for the 3.00pm ceremonies and 9.30am for the 10.30am ceremony.
Due to Fire & Safety Regulations strollers/prams cannot be taken into the auditorium (see ushers).
Smart casual, please no thongs or shorts, Neck badges and medals may be worn.
Silver Rose Photography will be providing the photographic services at the graduation
Studio: Follow signs through the Palm Room (1).
Portrait/Family Photography Sessions:
AM CEREMONY - 8.00am – 9.30am then reopen immediately after the ceremony
PM CEREMONIES - 12.30pm – 2.00pm then reopen immediately after the ceremony
To ensure that graduand’s can be registered by the advertised close times, the photography sessions close times will be strictly adhered to.
Following the ceremony, complimentary light refreshments will be served in the forecourt.
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture