This website has been constructed to keep interested staff updated on James Cook University's 2012 Enterprise Agreement negotiations. We invite you to engage in the process and encourage you to provide feedback on matters of importance to you. We want to hear from you because this is YOUR agreement.
JCU recognises the importance of investing in its staff and through this Agreement aims to support the achievement of corporate objectives by:
- Enabling JCU to meet its objectives established in the Statement of Strategic Intent and as detailed in University Plan;
- Supporting a culture of performance, innovation and continuous improvement which recognises and rewards high performance;
- Providing the opportunity for staff to develop their skills to effectively perform their roles and develop their careers;
- Allowing JCU to manage flexibly and responsibly to meet the challenges of the future;
- Streamlining and simplifying conditions of employment;
- Increasing organisational productivity and efficiency;
- Minimising unnecessary prescription and support costs;
- Supporting an environmentally friendly workplace; and
- Maintaining a safe and healthy working environment and workplace free of bullying and harassment.
JCU is an organisation that values fairness equity and diversity and has put in place measures designed to prevent and eliminate unlawful discrimination and retain its diverse workforce.
JCU recognises that staff should not have an excessive workload, and recognises that staff have to balance their working life commitments with other competing interests such as family, community work and lifestyle choices and that balance is likely to be best achieved through providing staff with the greatest flexibility possible in their attendance patterns.
This Agreement continues to streamline personnel practices to:
- Ensure they are simple and fair and can be easily understood and managed by staff and managers;
- Achieve simplified processing arrangements and leave conditions; and
- Give greater flexibility to staff in managing their work