You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
PROGRESS TO DATE: MEETING: (12 June 2013)
The meeting was held in Townsville and led by Mr Les Nicholson due to Professor Robyn McGuiggan’s absence on annual leave.
JCU representatives: Associate Professor Lee Stewart. Ms Belinda Pope was invited to attend the meeting in an advisory capacity.
NTEU representatives: Mr Michael McNally, Dr Jan Wegner. Dr Sherryl Robertson attended in place of Mr Laurie Reilly.
Apologies were received from Together and ETU.
The meeting began with Mr Nicholson’s acknowledgment of the protected industrial action being lodged by the NTEU, and assurance that this would not adversely affect JCU’s willingness to continue to bargain in good faith.
Items of note:
NTEU representatives will hold further discussions with members who have clinical supervision responsibilities. JCU proposes to introduce a category of “Clinical Supervisors” to capture the special conditions associated with that work. Contact hours would not be applicable and staff under this category would be allocated fair and management workloads.
P&T - Hours of Work
Mr Michael McNally advised that NTEU union members had rejected JCU’s proposal to move the span of hours to 7.00 am to 7.00 pm – Monday to Friday.
Fixed Term Appointments
Discussion on this matter continues.
Your representatives spent the remainder of time reviewing the draft JCU Enterprise Agreement 2013.
The next meeting was scheduled for Wednesday 26 June 2013 to be held in Townsville.
As always your input is valued and you can forward feedback to Enterprise-Bargaining@jcu.edu.au.
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture