- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Ecological Modelling Research Group
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Fish Passage Planning and Design
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- IT Services
- International Students
- JCU College
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
PROGRESS TO DATE: MEETING: (12 June 2013)
The meeting was held in Townsville and led by Mr Les Nicholson due to Professor Robyn McGuiggan’s absence on annual leave.
JCU representatives: Associate Professor Lee Stewart. Ms Belinda Pope was invited to attend the meeting in an advisory capacity.
NTEU representatives: Mr Michael McNally, Dr Jan Wegner. Dr Sherryl Robertson attended in place of Mr Laurie Reilly.
Apologies were received from Together and ETU.
The meeting began with Mr Nicholson’s acknowledgment of the protected industrial action being lodged by the NTEU, and assurance that this would not adversely affect JCU’s willingness to continue to bargain in good faith.
Items of note:
NTEU representatives will hold further discussions with members who have clinical supervision responsibilities. JCU proposes to introduce a category of “Clinical Supervisors” to capture the special conditions associated with that work. Contact hours would not be applicable and staff under this category would be allocated fair and management workloads.
P&T - Hours of Work
Mr Michael McNally advised that NTEU union members had rejected JCU’s proposal to move the span of hours to 7.00 am to 7.00 pm – Monday to Friday.
Fixed Term Appointments
Discussion on this matter continues.
Your representatives spent the remainder of time reviewing the draft JCU Enterprise Agreement 2013.
The next meeting was scheduled for Wednesday 26 June 2013 to be held in Townsville.
As always your input is valued and you can forward feedback to Enterprise-Bargaining@jcu.edu.au.