- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- IT Services
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Halls of Residence
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- VAVS Home
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
PROGRESS TO DATE: MEETING: (29 & 30 May 2013)
The meeting was held in Cairns and attended by:
JCU management representatives: Professor Robyn McGuiggan, Associate Professor Lee Stewart, and Mr Les Nicholson.
NTEU representatives: Mr Michael McNally, Jan Wegner and Mr Laurie Reilly.
Apologies were received from Together and ETU.
The meeting began to address the NTEU’s claim for salary increases of:
5% on 30 June 2013
5.5% on 30 June 2014
6% on 30 June 2015
Professor McGuiggan reiterated JCU’s position i.e. salary increase of 3% subject to productivity outcomes relating to flexibility and efficiency particularly in areas of Academic Workload and Hours of Work for Professional and Technical staff.
Outstanding issues where agreement is not yet reached:
Discussion continues on this matter.
Discussion continues and is getting closer to agreement. Agreement for a Teaching Specialist Profile with a 500 hours cap on contact hours was reached. Outstanding issues remain regarding the number of subjects that constitute a reasonable workload and the number of contact hours that can be assigned to a staff member with clinical supervision responsibilities.
Special Studies Program (SSP)
Amendments to the clause were agreed in Principle by both parties.
P&T - Hours of Work
NTEU advised they would consult with members regarding JCU’s revised proposal. Discussion will continue at the next meeting.
The next meeting was scheduled for Wednesday 12 June 2013 to be held in Townsville.
As always your input is valued and you can forward feedback to Enterprise-Bargaining@jcu.edu.au.