- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- IT Services
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Halls of Residence
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- VAVS Home
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
PROGRESS TO DATE: MEETING: (9 August 2013)
The meeting was held in Townsville and led by Professor Robyn McGuiggan.
In attendance were:
JCU representatives: Mr Les Nicholson and Associate Professor Lee Stewart.
NTEU representatives: Mr Michael McNally, Dr Jan Wegner and Mr Laurie Reilly.
Together representative: Mr Ken McKay.
Apologies were received from ETU representative Mr Wal Giordani.
Professor McGuiggan began the meeting by advising the joint unions that a report on the triennium budget would be presented to VCAC on 14 August 2013 which would determine JCU’s position in regard to the salary offer. We would therefore be able to present our position on the salary increase offer sometime in the week beginning 19 August 2013.
It was agreed that the consistency of language throughout the draft agreement required review and minor editing revisions were noted and agreed.
Items of note:
NTEU’s claim for Domestic Violence
JCU representatives presented a draft policy for review which was agreed in principle. This finalises the NTEU’s claim on Domestic Violence.
This item was further discussed and nears agreement.
Fixed Term Appointments
The NTEU has committed to provide further drafting advice regarding the early termination of fixed term appointments due to external funding being withdrawn.
NTEU’s claim for Individual Work Value Advancement
Agreement was reached on the NTEU’s claim for Individual Work Value Advancement. Professional and Technical Staff who perform academic work will be able to apply for a loading based on the level and content of academic work required.
NTEU’s claim for Casual Academic Conversion
Your JCU representatives tabled a clause that would allow eligible academic casual staff to apply for conversion to fixed term or continuing appointments. The NTEU are agreeable however want an additional clause that would see a reduction in the casual employment numbers and a reporting requirement through the JCC. Your JCU representatives will provide a draft clause for review at the next meeting.
The workload category of “Clinician/Studio/Laboratory Supervision Academic” was agreed between parties.
The next meeting is scheduled for Thursday 29 August 2013 to be held in Townsville.
As always your input is valued and you can forward feedback to Enterprise-Bargaining@jcu.edu.au.