You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Indigenous Students
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
PROGRESS TO DATE: MEETING: (9 August 2013)
The meeting was held in Townsville and led by Professor Robyn McGuiggan.
In attendance were:
JCU representatives: Mr Les Nicholson and Associate Professor Lee Stewart.
NTEU representatives: Mr Michael McNally, Dr Jan Wegner and Mr Laurie Reilly.
Together representative: Mr Ken McKay.
Apologies were received from ETU representative Mr Wal Giordani.
Professor McGuiggan began the meeting by advising the joint unions that a report on the triennium budget would be presented to VCAC on 14 August 2013 which would determine JCU’s position in regard to the salary offer. We would therefore be able to present our position on the salary increase offer sometime in the week beginning 19 August 2013.
It was agreed that the consistency of language throughout the draft agreement required review and minor editing revisions were noted and agreed.
Items of note:
NTEU’s claim for Domestic Violence
JCU representatives presented a draft policy for review which was agreed in principle. This finalises the NTEU’s claim on Domestic Violence.
This item was further discussed and nears agreement.
Fixed Term Appointments
The NTEU has committed to provide further drafting advice regarding the early termination of fixed term appointments due to external funding being withdrawn.
NTEU’s claim for Individual Work Value Advancement
Agreement was reached on the NTEU’s claim for Individual Work Value Advancement. Professional and Technical Staff who perform academic work will be able to apply for a loading based on the level and content of academic work required.
NTEU’s claim for Casual Academic Conversion
Your JCU representatives tabled a clause that would allow eligible academic casual staff to apply for conversion to fixed term or continuing appointments. The NTEU are agreeable however want an additional clause that would see a reduction in the casual employment numbers and a reporting requirement through the JCC. Your JCU representatives will provide a draft clause for review at the next meeting.
The workload category of “Clinician/Studio/Laboratory Supervision Academic” was agreed between parties.
The next meeting is scheduled for Thursday 29 August 2013 to be held in Townsville.
As always your input is valued and you can forward feedback to Enterprise-Bargaining@jcu.edu.au.
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture
- Pathway to University Bridging Courses
- Get Into University Without an ATAR
- Get Into University Courses with a Low ATAR
- Dentistry School Courses
- Midwifery Training Courses
- Pharmacy School
- ECE Degree Online
- Physiotherapy School
- Primary Teaching Degree Online
- Sports Science University
- High School Teaching Courses
- Pre Registration Nursing Courses