- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- IT Services
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Off-Campus Students
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- VAVS Home
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTD
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
In the past week JCU has been holding information sessions with staff to explain the terms of the Enterprise Agreement. We thank all staff who have attended these sessions.
The ballot for the Enterprise Agreement will open on Wednesday 16 October 2013 at 9:00am and will close on Friday 18 October 2013 at 5:00pm.
This is your chance to decide whether you approve of the new terms, conditions and salary increases in the Agreement or not.
We would urge all of you to cast a vote. Details of how you can vote is in the attached Information Sheet.
The ballot will be conducted by an independent third party - Elections Australia. They are a professional organisation who oversee hundreds of ballots per year including for major organisations. They will ensure that your vote cannot be identified and that the ballot process is accurate.
The Enterprise Agreement will be approved by staff if a simple majority of 50% plus one of those who cast a valid ballot vote Yes.
We will inform you of the outcome of the ballot as soon as possible after the ballot closes.
If the Enterprise Agreement is approved by staff it will then be submitted to the Fair Work Commission for approval.
As we have previously outlined, if the Enterprise Agreement is approved by staff, JCU will pay the 0.4% (being the difference between the 2.6% administrative increase and the 3% payable under the Enterprise Agreement) in the pay period ending 1 November 2013, in good faith before Fair Work Commission approves the Agreement.
Seven days after approval by FWC, the new Enterprise Agreement will come into effect.
Professor Robyn McGuiggan
Pro Vice Chancellor
Faculty of Law, Business and Creative Arts