- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Boating and Diving
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Staff Intranet
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Fish Passage Planning and Design
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- IT Services
- Information for Agents
- International Students
- JCU College
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Provost
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- Tropical Queensland Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- NESP Redirection
PROGRESS TO DATE: MEETING: (21 & 22 February 2013)
Steady progress continues with all parties working together collaboratively, with the second bargaining meeting for 2013 held in Townsville on 21 and 22 February 2013 with representatives from JCU and combined Unions.
Mr Wal Giordani, Organiser, Electrical Trades Union attended his first meeting and addressed the ETU log of claims.
Items for discussion included:
Consultation and Change Management
Your JCU representatives tabled a draft clause which sets out guiding principles and seeks to more clearly articulate the consultation and change processes which will minimise staff uncertainty and ensure that processes are completed in a collaborative and timely manner. The proposed clause was agreed in principle.
Your JCU representatives tabled a draft clause that provides a greater emphasis and support for staff to be redeployed into the University, before redundancy provisions are enacted.
Redundancy Severance Pay entitlements have been maintained under current agreement provisions, which are significantly higher than the minimum requirements under the National Employment Standards.
The proposed clause was agreed in principle.
All parties reached in principle agreement to remove the requirement for Review committees from the Misconduct process. It was acknowledged that this change will ensure that misconduct issues are dealt with in a timely manner and reduce the pressure on staff and managers to make decisions which could affect their peer’s employment.
Your JCU representatives have updated the Parental Leave provisions in the Enterprise Agreement to reflect the National Employment Standards. Of note:
Addition of Special Leave (Note: NES is 6 weeks unpaid/ JCU is offering 6 weeks paid leave).
Keeping in Touch Days (10 days paid and does not break the continuous service).
Concurrent Partner leave: (NES: 3 weeks unpaid: JCU offering 1 week paid / 2 weeks unpaid).
Termination on Ill Health
JCU is seeking to reduce the notice period for the direction of a staff member to attend a medical examination from 2 months to 1 month, where the staff members’ capacity to perform the duties of their position is a concern. Discussion will continue at the next meeting.
Discussion continued regarding the NTEU log on Staff Mobility. Your JCU representatives are in favour of increasing opportunities for internal staff mobility and have committed to investigate options for discussion at the next meeting.
Consultation is continuing within JCU regarding the academic workload allocation model. This clause should be available for review in the next couple of weeks.
Remember this is your Enterprise Agreement and your input is valued. You can forward your feedback to Enterprise-Bargaining@jcu.edu.au.
The next meeting is scheduled to be held in Cairns on 6, 7 and 8 March 2013.