You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Arts, Society and Education
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
PROGRESS TO DATE: MEETING: (10 December 2012)
The last bargaining meeting for 2012 was held in Cairns on Monday 10 December 2012 with representatives from JCU and combined Unions. The meeting included a presentation from Ms Tricia Brand, Executive Director FaRP on the University Triennium Budget.
The timeline for the 2013 negotiations was discussed with the location for meetings alternating between Cairns and Townsville. The first bargaining meeting will be held in Cairns on 7 and 8 February 2013 and then fortnightly from then forwards.
Discussion continued with the NTEU representatives on Indigenous Employment. This matter will be further considered.
Mrs Valda Wallace was invited to join the discussion on Domestic Violence. The University is committed to providing support to staff that experience domestic violence and has agreed to include a provision into the Enterprise Agreement together with a commitment to the development of a Domestic Violence Policy. Your JCU representatives proposed that staff can access their accrued entitlement to Personal/Carers Leave for up to five (5) days per year.
Discussion continued regarding the University’s proposal to introduce cashing out provisions for Annual Leave and the reduction in maximum accrual to 50 days. In principle agreement was reached on this matter.
Abandonment of Employment
Your JCU representatives have requested to write to staff sooner (after 5 days) of suspecting abandonment, but staff will have longer in which to respond. This matter will continue to be negotiated.
Early Career Development Fellowship (ECDF)
Your representatives considered the complexity around eligibility for appointment and requirement for a mandatory appointment within each faculty. Your representatives agreed to explore the option to reduce the requirements for eligibility and remove the mandatory requirement for each faculty to appoint during the life of the agreement. Discussions continue on this matter.
A number of other items were held over for discussion at the first meeting on 7 February 2013.
Your JCU representatives will consider the detail of each of these items before responding.
Remember this is your Enterprise Agreement and your input is valued. You can forward your feedback to Enterprise-Bargaining@jcu.edu.au.
The next meeting is scheduled for 7 and 8 February 2013 in Cairns.
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture