- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- IT Services
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Halls of Residence
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- VAVS Home
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
PROGRESS TO DATE: MEETING: (10 December 2012)
The last bargaining meeting for 2012 was held in Cairns on Monday 10 December 2012 with representatives from JCU and combined Unions. The meeting included a presentation from Ms Tricia Brand, Executive Director FaRP on the University Triennium Budget.
The timeline for the 2013 negotiations was discussed with the location for meetings alternating between Cairns and Townsville. The first bargaining meeting will be held in Cairns on 7 and 8 February 2013 and then fortnightly from then forwards.
Discussion continued with the NTEU representatives on Indigenous Employment. This matter will be further considered.
Mrs Valda Wallace was invited to join the discussion on Domestic Violence. The University is committed to providing support to staff that experience domestic violence and has agreed to include a provision into the Enterprise Agreement together with a commitment to the development of a Domestic Violence Policy. Your JCU representatives proposed that staff can access their accrued entitlement to Personal/Carers Leave for up to five (5) days per year.
Discussion continued regarding the University’s proposal to introduce cashing out provisions for Annual Leave and the reduction in maximum accrual to 50 days. In principle agreement was reached on this matter.
Abandonment of Employment
Your JCU representatives have requested to write to staff sooner (after 5 days) of suspecting abandonment, but staff will have longer in which to respond. This matter will continue to be negotiated.
Early Career Development Fellowship (ECDF)
Your representatives considered the complexity around eligibility for appointment and requirement for a mandatory appointment within each faculty. Your representatives agreed to explore the option to reduce the requirements for eligibility and remove the mandatory requirement for each faculty to appoint during the life of the agreement. Discussions continue on this matter.
A number of other items were held over for discussion at the first meeting on 7 February 2013.
Your JCU representatives will consider the detail of each of these items before responding.
Remember this is your Enterprise Agreement and your input is valued. You can forward your feedback to Enterprise-Bargaining@jcu.edu.au.
The next meeting is scheduled for 7 and 8 February 2013 in Cairns.