Indigenous Student Services
Our Indigenous Student Services team are here to help you succeed in your studies and progress through your degree with both academic and pastoral advisors.
The Indigenous Student Support Advisors provide mentoring, encouragement and a safe environment, and can help you source further information such as:
- Accommodation Options
- Managing finances, including contacting Centrelink
- Applying for scholarships
- Working through stress and anxiety
- Maintaining personal health and wellbeing
- Accessing services on campus, and
- Staying focused on your passion and direction.
The Indigenous Academic Support Advisors have an in-depth understanding of the challenges students usually face during their higher education studies, especially students from Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds. They will also help with:
- Academic coaching, such as tutoring
- Helping you develop strategies to identify areas of improvement in your studies
- Staying on track with your studies
- Supporting you to create an effective study plan, and
- Suggesting alternative ways to improve your academic progress.
The Indigenous Student Services team are available for all our students, whether you are studying in Cairns or Townsville, at a regional study centre, or as an off-campus (external) student.