Indigenous Student Services
Our Indigenous Academic Support Advisors are here to help you succeed in your studies and progress through your degree.
They have an in-depth understanding of the challenges students usually face during their higher education studies, especially students from Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds. They will also help with:
- Academic coaching, such as tutoring
- Helping you develop strategies to identify areas of improvement in your studies
- Staying on track with your studies
- Supporting you to create an effective study plan, and
- Suggesting alternative ways to improve your academic progress.
Indigenous Academic Support Advisors are available for all our students, whether you are studying in Cairns or Townsville, at a regional study centre, or as an off-campus (external) student.