Designated common and meeting spaces are available for Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students to commune and provide and receive peer support. Bookings are not necessary.
|Cairns Campus||Townsville Campus|
Open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Open Monday to Friday 8am-8pm
JCU Students based at the Cairns Campus can book a private study space at the Indigenous Education and Research Centre (Building A21).
- You can book a room up to a month in advance.
- To make a booking, you must have a JCU email address.
- The maximum booking time period is 1 hour per room per day.
- All bookings start on the hour.
- If you change your mind and no longer require the study room, your booking confirmation email includes instructions for cancelling your booking.
Book a room
- Visit the IERC Room Bookings system at http://jcu.au.libcal.com/reserve/IERCcns
- Select a room and use the calendar view to nominate the start time for your booking. Your selection will automatically claim a 1 hour time block. To cancel that time block and select another, look for the Trash Can icon button in the time block selector.
- To book the room, select Submit Times.
- Your booking details will be displayed. Select Change if you wish to modify your booking.
- Enter your first and last names and email address. Your email address must be a JCU student email address (@my.jcu.edu.au).
- Select Submit My Booking.
- Select Make Another Booking to create a second booking, or close the tab.
- Check your student email account for a verification message from the JCU Library.
- Important: Select the first link to confirm the booking, or the second link to cancel it. You have 12 hours to confirm your booking, otherwise it will be automatically removed from the system.
- You will receive a confirmation email to confirm your booking. Please retain this email in case you need to cancel your booking at any time.