You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Help and Support
- Accounts and passwords
- Bring your own device
- Computer labs
- Eduroam WiFi
- Email and O365
- IT Help Desk
- Collaboration Tools
- Mobiles and telephony
- Secure IT
- Videoconferencing and audiovisual
Work from home
- Choosing a strong Password
- Data Protection
- Device Security
- Email Safety
- Online Security at Home
- Web Safety
- Malware and Virus Protection
- Keep a clean device
- Protect myself from phishing
- Recover a hacked or compromised account
- Protect your digital reputation
- Report a cybersecurity incident
- Password Manager
- ICT Service Catalog
University Email Lists
JCU Email Contacts (Heads and Office Contacts)
Organisational Unit Mailing Lists
Organisational Unit Mailing Lists aliases target all staff within the Major University Units. They target all members of a Faculty/Division, School/Office or Discipline/Unit. They are based on information from the Human Resources System.
JCU Email aliases for Campus Staff and Students
These aliases target all staff and students by campus. They are only for the purpose of university activities and based on data from the Human Resources Management Information System and the Student Management System as the definitive sources of staff and student information. Key University Staff Members can email to these lists without moderation. All other postings to these lists are moderated and use of these lists is further restricted to JCU Staff Only, other postings being automatically rejected.
Note: Staff emailing to the lists below are required to email via the Bcc: (Blind carbon copy) field. Failing to do so will result in a rejection of a request to resend. This is put in place to minimise accidental replies to all staff and abuse of these lists by Spammers.
- firstname.lastname@example.org All staff of JCU.
- email@example.com All Australian based campus staff of JCU.
- firstname.lastname@example.org All Townsville staff of JCU.
- email@example.com All Cairns staff of JCU.
- firstname.lastname@example.org All Singapore staff of JCU.
- email@example.com All Brisbane staff of JCU.
- firstname.lastname@example.org All Mackay staff of JCU.
- email@example.com All Mt Isa staff of JCU.
- firstname.lastname@example.org All postgraduate students of JCU.
- email@example.com All Townsville postgraduate students of JCU.
- firstname.lastname@example.org All Cairns postgraduate students of JCU.
- email@example.com All undergraduate students of JCU.
- firstname.lastname@example.org All Townsville undergraduate students of JCU.
- email@example.com All Cairns undergraduate students of JCU.
To email specific groups of students, JCU staff can request access to the Class List email function available via authenticated access from StaffOnline. This has many selection options to refine your target list. Contact Student Services to request access.
Student Academic Mailing Lists
The Student Academic Mailing Lists target the students participating in a subject or course. They are based on information from the Student Management System.
Organisational Role Mailing Lists
The Organisational Role Mailing Lists target staff who undertake roles within the university. For example: Course Coordinators, Finance Officers, Work Place Health and Safety Officers or IT Support Officers. They are based on information from the Organisational Roles System accessible via StaffOnline.
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture