You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Courses and Study
- Why JCU?
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Biomedical Sciences
- Environmental Management
- Health Studies
- Information Technology
- Marine Science
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Occupational Therapy
- Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Social Work
- Speech Pathology
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Veterinary Science
Course by level
Cities, campuses and study centres
- Services and support
- QTAC Packaged Offers
- International Students
Fees and Financial Support
Exams & Results
- Student forms
The Learning Centre
- Learning Centre Services
- Getting Started
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions
- Develop Your English
- Maths and Statistics
- Short Courses and Workshops
- Downloads and Booklets
- Safe work and study at JCU
Research and Teaching
I want to...
About JCU Research
- Research Performance
Research Centres and Institutes
- Division of Research & Innovation
- Celebrating Research @JCU
- JCU Research Contacts
- Master's by Research
- Fees and Scholarships
- I want to...
Partners and Community
Help and Support
- Choosing a strong Password
- Data Protection
- Device Security
- Email Safety
- Online Security at Home
- Web Safety
- Malware and Virus Protection
- Keep a clean device
- Protect myself from phishing
- Recover a hacked or compromised account
- Protect your digital reputation
- Report a cybersecurity incident
- Password Manager
- ICT Service Catalog
University Email Lists
JCU Email Contacts (Heads and Office Contacts)
Organisational Unit Mailing Lists
Organisational Unit Mailing Lists aliases target all staff within the Major University Units. They target all members of a Faculty/Division, School/Office or Discipline/Unit. They are based on information from the Human Resources System.
JCU Email aliases for Campus Staff and Students
These aliases target all staff and students by campus. They are only for the purpose of university activities and based on data from the Human Resources Management Information System and the Student Management System as the definitive sources of staff and student information. Key University Staff Members can email to these lists without moderation. All other postings to these lists are moderated and use of these lists is further restricted to JCU Staff Only, other postings being automatically rejected.
Note: Staff emailing to the lists below are required to email via the Bcc: (Blind carbon copy) field. Failing to do so will result in a rejection of a request to resend. This is put in place to minimise accidental replies to all staff and abuse of these lists by Spammers.
- firstname.lastname@example.org All staff of JCU.
- email@example.com All Australian based campus staff of JCU.
- firstname.lastname@example.org All Townsville staff of JCU.
- email@example.com All Cairns staff of JCU.
- firstname.lastname@example.org All Singapore staff of JCU.
- email@example.com All Brisbane staff of JCU.
- firstname.lastname@example.org All Mackay staff of JCU.
- email@example.com All Mt Isa staff of JCU.
- firstname.lastname@example.org All postgraduate students of JCU.
- email@example.com All Townsville postgraduate students of JCU.
- firstname.lastname@example.org All Cairns postgraduate students of JCU.
- email@example.com All undergraduate students of JCU.
- firstname.lastname@example.org All Townsville undergraduate students of JCU.
- email@example.com All Cairns undergraduate students of JCU.
To email specific groups of students, JCU staff can request access to the Class List email function available via authenticated access from StaffOnline. This has many selection options to refine your target list. Contact Student Services to request access.
Student Academic Mailing Lists
The Student Academic Mailing Lists target the students participating in a subject or course. They are based on information from the Student Management System.
Organisational Role Mailing Lists
The Organisational Role Mailing Lists target staff who undertake roles within the university. For example: Course Coordinators, Finance Officers, Work Place Health and Safety Officers or IT Support Officers. They are based on information from the Organisational Roles System accessible via StaffOnline.
Mailman and General Mailing Lists
The Mailman and General Mailing Lists target ad hoc groups and may be used for teaching, research, administrative or club purposes. They are managed by the list owners. To request a new Mailman list contact InfoHelp.