You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Help and Support
- Accounts and passwords
- Bring your own device
- Computer labs
- Eduroam WiFi
- Email and O365
- IT Help Desk
- Collaboration Tools
- Mobiles and telephony
- Secure IT
- Videoconferencing and audiovisual
Work from home
- Choosing a strong Password
- Data Protection
- Device Security
- Email Safety
- Online Security at Home
- Web Safety
- Malware and Virus Protection
- Keep a clean device
- Protect myself from phishing
- Recover a hacked or compromised account
- Protect your digital reputation
- Report a cybersecurity incident
- Password Manager
- ICT Service Catalog
MFD Device User Guide
JCU provides two types of Xerox CopyPrint Devices on campus to enable students and staff to access black and white or colour printing, scanning and photocopying functionality.
The two types of CopyPrint devices on campus are:
- Multifunction Devices (MFDs) are large machines, installed in high use printing areas with colour Print, Scan and Photocopying functionality.
- Multifunction Printers (MFPs) are small black and white printers, installed in GATCF labs and low use areas.
Not all JCU MFD's and MFP's are alike, the position of buttons and available features may vary between devices.
Printing requires an active JCU account to log-on to a JCU printer and sufficient funds must be available in your account to cover printing costs.
There are two ways to log-in to an MFD or MFP.
- Swipe your JCU staff or student card through the card reader, or
- Press LOG-IN/OUT on the MFD and enter your JCU LoginID (eg jc123456), tap Next, enter your JCU password and tap Next. Once logged in, the Services Home screen is displayed.
Press Services Home to return to the Home screen at any time.
- Print the document from your computer or mobile device and send to either Student-Black-Multi or Student-Colour-Multi print queue.
- Log-in to MFD or MFP and select View Print Jobs from Home screen.
- Select the document to print (blue indicates selected).
- Select Print
Note: To delete a job, select the required document from document list then tap Delete.
- Log-in to MFD then select Copy.
- Press the green Start button to begin copying.
Scan to Email
- Log-in to MFD and select Email from the Home screen
- To send to yourself, select Add Me, then select TO then select Save
- To add another email, select New Recipient and use the on-screen keyboard to type the email address. You can change the scan type from PDF to JPEG in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Press START to scan and send email.
- Log out of the printer when all tasks are completed, to prevent anyone else using your printing credit.
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture