Staff Email @ JCU
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Prawn Breeding Research Hub
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Boating and Diving
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Cyclone Testing Station
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Staff Intranet
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- Give to JCU
- Information for JCU Cairns Graduates
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- Student IT Essentials
- Staff IT Essentials
- Help and Support
- Stay Informed
- Choosing a strong Password
- Data Protection
- Device Security
- Email Safety
- Online Security at Home
- Web Safety
- Malware and Virus Protection
- Keep a clean device
- Protect myself from phishing
- Recover a hacked or compromised account
- Protect your digital reputation
- Report a cybersecurity incident
- Password Manager
- Student Systems
- IT Service Catalog
- Information for Agents
- International Students
- JCU College
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Marketing
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Provost
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- Researcher Development Portal
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Strategic Procure to Pay
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- TQ Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
All current JCU staff have access to O365 (Microsoft Office 365) which includes a JCU Staff Email account.
The login for your O356 account is your email address (Firstname.Surname@jcu.edu.au) and your current password.
If you are unsure of your email address or password please contact the IT Help Desk.
Access to email via O365 is provided for your use in a professional capacity while employed at JCU. Please read the following:
Access to your JCU O356 account, including staff email will be terminated 30 days after your employment at JCU ceases.
Access email anywhere on any device
All staff can access Email from home, work or overseas via O365 online, you will need an internet connection.
- Open a supported Web Browser.
- In the address/location field type http://staff.jcu.edu.au/
- Enter your JCU email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password, then select Sign In.
- This launches O365. The first time you use O365 mail, a window will open asking you to choose a language and Time Zone.
Make sure that you have selected the correct settings (Queensland users choose UTC +10:00 Brisbane).
- Your account will open into your Email with your email folders displayed on the left and messages on the right.
Access email at work
Staff can use O365 online or a supported email client to access their staff email. Supported email clients include Outlook 2013 or 2016 for PC and Outlook 2013 for Mac.
If you wish to have Outlook set-up on your JCU staff computer please contact the IT Help Desk via the Self Service Portal.
Each staff member has a 100GB email quota, mail, calendar(s), tasks and contacts all count towards your quota usage.
If the amount of data stored in your email account exceeds your quota you will be sent a warning message, as a reminder to delete old emails.
How to check your quota
- Log in to your JCU Staff Email account online
- Navigate to Settings > Mail > General > My Account to see your current mailbox usage.
Group email aliases
There are a number of email aliases and lists provided by JCU to promote communication between units or with students. You can find these on the Contacts page.
Spam and viruses
Spam is unsolicited email, usually sent in bulk. Microsoft provides a full virus and spam scanning service for all Office 365 mailboxes.
For information on spam along with guidelines for naming and safely opening attachments see: Email Spam and Attachments Guide.
The University uses Windows Defender (SCEP) Anti-Virus Software to check all incoming and outgoing email messages. Defender (SCEP) is installed on all JCU owned computers, Windows Defender is also available by default on all personal computers running Windows 10. For more information on viruses and anti-virus software, please read our Computer Virus Guide.
As a JCU Staff member you have access to LinkedIn Learning, login with your JCU staff email address and password if prompted! LinkedIn Learning is a wealth of information containing tutorials and self-paced activities that will enable you to master Outlook for the PC or Mac.
The following courses may be of interest:
Need more help?
Please log a job via the Self Service Portal and one of the JCU IT Support team will be happy to assist you further.