Help and Support
- Accounts and passwords
- Bring your own device
- Computer labs
- Eduroam WiFi
- Email and O365
- IT Help Desk
- Collaboration Tools
- Mobiles and telephony
- Secure IT
- Videoconferencing and audiovisual
Work from home
- Choosing a strong Password
- Data Protection
- Device Security
- Email Safety
- Online Security at Home
- Web Safety
- Malware and Virus Protection
- Keep a clean device
- Protect myself from phishing
- Recover a hacked or compromised account
- Protect your digital reputation
- Report a cybersecurity incident
- Password Manager
- ICT Service Catalog
Setting up a Remote Desktop Connection
With the Remote Desktop feature, you can remotely control a computer from another office, from home, or while travelling. This allows you to use the data, applications, and network resources that are on your office computer, without being in your office.
To use Remote Desktop, you MUST have:
- The ability to use VPN service to connect your home computer over a safe connection to your computer at work To do this you must have the Fortinet Client installed and configured on your home computer.
DOWNLOAD FortiClient VPN for JCU Windows 32 | Windows 64
- Windows 8 or 10 installed on your office computer (HOST computer) - the machine being operated remotely.
The Remote Desktop Connection software is pre-installed but will need to be enabled and configured before use.
- HOST computer (your computer on the JCU campus) must be turned on.
- Windows 8 or 10 installed on the REMOTE computer - the machine you will connect from, eg: your home PC.
Make sure that you are working over a good internet connection (1.5Mbps is the minimum bandwidth recommended), while low bandwidth connections can be used to remotely control a system, it is not recommended.
For instructions on how to configure your computer and set up RDP choose your Operating System from the list below: