You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
- About JCUJCU Connect
- Cairns Institute External
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Courses and Study
- Why JCU?
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Biomedical Sciences
- Environmental Management
- Health Studies
- Information Technology
- Marine Science
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Occupational Therapy
- Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Social Work
- Speech Pathology
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Veterinary Science
Course by level
Cities, campuses and study centres
- Services and support
- QTAC Packaged Offers
- International Students
Fees and Financial Support
Exams & Results
- Student forms
The Learning Centre
- Learning Centre Services
- Getting Started
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions
- Develop Your English
- Maths and Statistics
- Short Courses and Workshops
- Downloads and Booklets
- Safe work and study at JCU
Research and Teaching
I want to...
About JCU Research
- Research Performance
Research Centres and Institutes
- Division of Research & Innovation
- Celebrating Research @JCU
- JCU Research Contacts
- Master's by Research
- Fees and Scholarships
- I want to...
Partners and Community
Information for Agents
Information for International Education Agents
Welcome to the home of resources for agents and partners representing James Cook University (JCU).
JCU establish partnerships with Education Agents they believe share in the vision of delivering quality services, experiences, and education to students.
As an agent, you have an important role of representing JCU with integrity and accuracy to students in the pursuit of a quality international education. To support you as a representative of JCU we have made information and resources available online and have developed an Agent Training Portal (for current partners only).
Stay Connected (Ascent One)
JCU uses Ascent One to manage agent details and to send a communication, such as the quarterly Partner Newsletter, or updates about new developments or important information. It’s required that your details are current and maintained so that you receive this information. If you would like to receive communication directly from JCU, contact the International Development team.
Ascent One is also used to maintain the agent list on the JCU website, making your offices and contact details visible to prospective students. Ensure you keep each office branch and staff contact details up to date, and that you add any new offices to Ascent One and let the JCU team know.
Promotional material can be ordered directly from JCU in three simple steps:
- Log in to your Ascent One account.
- To place an order, go to Home > Promotional Material > Order Material and select James Cook University. Select Next to move to Step 2 and select the item(s) to order and enter the quantity. Step 3 will allow you to update the recipient list, enter a message to the recipient(s), and select a preferred dispatched date, and other options.
- Select Place order to confirm and submit your order.
You can also track the promotional material you have placed on order in Ascent One. Go to Home > Promotional Material > Track Status to review or cancel your order (only pending orders can be cancelled). Contact the International Development team or your JCU representative.
James Cook University is a registered higher education provider (CRICOS Provider Code 00117J) that offers education services to overseas students.
To provide education and training services to international students the University must comply with rules and regulations required by the Australian Government and the national regulator TEQSA (Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency).
Education Services for Overseas Students Legislative Framework (ESOS)
The ESOS Framework incorporates the:
- ESOS Act 2000
- ESOS Regulations 2001
- The National Code 2007
- The Tuition Protection Service (TPS)
Your obligations as our agent under the ESOS Act include but are not limited to:
- Promote JCU courses with integrity and accuracy and recruit students in a sincere, ethical and responsible manner.
- Ensure that the student is a Genuine Temporary Entrant with a genuine intention to stay in Australia temporarily for the purpose of studying.
- Provide students with accurate information in respect to the University, facilities, courses, fees, entry requirements, living in Australia (including location, costs of living and accommodation) and visa requirements.
- Comply with the University’s Simplified Student Visa Framework.
- Submit advertisements and promotional material relating to the university to JCU for approval.
- Provide information for an annual review of performance.
- DO NOT facilitate the enrolment of a student who you believe will not comply with the conditions of his or her student visa.
- DO NOT provide immigration advice where not authorised under the Migration Act 1958 to do so.
Application and offer enquiries
General agent enquiries
Agent Commission Office
Commission payment enquiries and invoices
International Student Support
Enquiries about arrival, accommodation, orientation, and important dates (including the compulsory International Student Orientation)
Ascent One support
The International Development team oversee the recruitment of international students to the university. The team consist of International Development and Relationship Managers who are responsible for the activity in key countries around the world.
The International Admissions team manage enquiries relating to student applications, with their primary purpose to process applications and acceptances.
The International Student Support team provide international students with support. Their services extend to students pre-arrival, with support services available to students throughout their study and beyond graduation.