Information for Agents
Information for International Education Agents
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Prawn Breeding Research Hub
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Boating and Diving
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Centre for Disaster Solutions
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Staff Intranet
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- Give to JCU
- Information for JCU Cairns Graduates
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- IT Services
- Information for Agents
- International Students
- JCU College
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Provost
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- Researcher Development Portal
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- TQ Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Welcome to the home of resources for agents and partners representing James Cook University.
We establish partnerships with Education Agents who share our vision of delivering quality services, experiences, and education to students. As an agent, you have an important role of representing JCU with integrity and accuracy to students in the pursuit of quality international education.
JCU International Team
The International Admissions Team manage enquiries relating to student applications.
Contact JCU International Admissions
The International Compliance Team ensure the University complies with regulatory requirements which apply to the delivery of education services to international students, along with administering commission payments and other foreign funding arrangements.
Contact JCU International Compliance
The International Development Team oversee the recruitment of international students to the University.
Contact JCU International Development
The International Relations Team facilitates international partnerships, inbound and outbound mobility, and the recruitment of students from Europe and The Americas.
Contact JCU International Relations
The International Student Support Team provide international students with support including pre-arrival, during study, and beyond graduation.
Contact JCU International Student Support
JCU Promotional Materials
JCU produces a range of publications and marketing materials for prospective international students. International Study Guides are available via our website.
To order copies of JCU publications for your office, please contact us.
JCU Social Media
- The JCU YouTube account is a great resources for student testimonials, campus tours and program information.
- Check out our Facebook and Instagram accounts for the latest news and activities from our campuses.
Contact us if you would us to provide you with other marketing materials to assist you in promoting James Cook University.
Visit our campuses
Would you like to visit our Cairns or Townsville campus, or arrange a tour for a prospective student?
Contact us with information about your visit, and we will be happy to arrange a tour.
Education Services for Overseas Students Legislative Framework (ESOS)
James Cook University is a registered higher education provider (CRICOS Provider Code 00117J) that offers education services to overseas students. To provide education and training services to international students the University must comply with rules and regulations required by the Australian Government and the national regulator TEQSA (Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency).
The ESOS Framework incorporates the:
- ESOS Act 2000
- ESOS Regulations 2001
- The National Code 2007
- The Tuition Protection Service (TPS)
Your obligations as our agent under the ESOS Act include but are not limited to:
- Promote JCU courses with integrity and accuracy and recruit students in a sincere, ethical and responsible manner.
- Ensure that the student is a Genuine Temporary Entrant with a genuine intention to stay in Australia temporarily for the purpose of studying.
- Provide students with accurate information in respect to the University, facilities, courses, fees, entry requirements, living in Australia (including location, costs of living and accommodation) and visa requirements.
- Comply with the University’s Simplified Student Visa Framework.
- Submit advertisements and promotional material relating to the university to JCU for approval.
- Provide information for an annual review of performance.
- DO NOT facilitate the enrolment of a student who you believe will not comply with the conditions of his or her student visa.
- DO NOT provide immigration advice where not authorised under the Migration Act 1958 to do so.