You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Arts, Society and Education
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Information for Agents
Information for International Education Agents
Welcome to the home of resources for agents and partners representing James Cook University (JCU).
JCU establish partnerships with Education Agents they believe share in the vision of delivering quality services, experiences, and education to students.
As an agent, you have an important role of representing JCU with integrity and accuracy to students in the pursuit of a quality international education. To support you as a representative of JCU we have made information and resources available online and have developed an Agent Training Portal (for current partners only).
Stay Connected (Ascent One)
JCU uses Ascent One to manage agent details and to send a communication, such as the quarterly Partner Newsletter, or updates about new developments or important information. It’s required that your details are current and maintained so that you receive this information. If you would like to receive communication directly from JCU, contact the International Development team.
Ascent One is also used to maintain the agent list on the JCU website, making your offices and contact details visible to prospective students. Ensure you keep each office branch and staff contact details up to date, and that you add any new offices to Ascent One and let the JCU team know.
Promotional material can be ordered directly from JCU in three simple steps:
- Log in to your Ascent One account.
- To place an order, go to Home > Promotional Material > Order Material and select James Cook University. Select Next to move to Step 2 and select the item(s) to order and enter the quantity. Step 3 will allow you to update the recipient list, enter a message to the recipient(s), and select a preferred dispatched date, and other options.
- Select Place order to confirm and submit your order.
You can also track the promotional material you have placed on order in Ascent One. Go to Home > Promotional Material > Track Status to review or cancel your order (only pending orders can be cancelled). Contact the International Development team or your JCU representative.
James Cook University is a registered higher education provider (CRICOS Provider Code 00117J) that offers education services to overseas students.
To provide education and training services to international students the University must comply with rules and regulations required by the Australian Government and the national regulator TEQSA (Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency).
Education Services for Overseas Students Legislative Framework (ESOS)
The ESOS Framework incorporates the:
- ESOS Act 2000
- ESOS Regulations 2001
- The National Code 2007
- The Tuition Protection Service (TPS)
Your obligations as our agent under the ESOS Act include but are not limited to:
- Promote JCU courses with integrity and accuracy and recruit students in a sincere, ethical and responsible manner.
- Ensure that the student is a Genuine Temporary Entrant with a genuine intention to stay in Australia temporarily for the purpose of studying.
- Provide students with accurate information in respect to the University, facilities, courses, fees, entry requirements, living in Australia (including location, costs of living and accommodation) and visa requirements.
- Comply with the University’s Simplified Student Visa Framework.
- Submit advertisements and promotional material relating to the university to JCU for approval.
- Provide information for an annual review of performance.
- DO NOT facilitate the enrolment of a student who you believe will not comply with the conditions of his or her student visa.
- DO NOT provide immigration advice where not authorised under the Migration Act 1958 to do so.
Application and offer enquiries
General agent enquiries
Agent Commission Office
Commission payment enquiries and invoices
International Student Support
Enquiries about arrival, accommodation, orientation, and important dates (including the compulsory International Student Orientation)
Ascent One support
The International Development team oversee the recruitment of international students to the university. The team consist of International Development and Relationship Managers who are responsible for the activity in key countries around the world.
The International Admissions team manage enquiries relating to student applications, with their primary purpose to process applications and acceptances.
The International Student Support team provide international students with support. Their services extend to students pre-arrival, with support services available to students throughout their study and beyond graduation.
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture