Course-specific application process
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Why JCU?
- For parents
- Study guides
- Exchange and Study Abroad
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- International Pathways to JCU
- JCU Study and Information Guides
- Applying to JCU
- Fees and costs
Coming to Australia
- Arrival service
- Useful links for new residents
- Life in Australia
- Working in Australia
- Living costs and other expenses
- Life at JCU
- Contact us
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Step 1 - Read the information packages carefully.
Step 2 – Complete the required application forms
Complete the course-specific application form and the international undergraduate application form and attach all required supporting documentation.
Note: the statutory declaration included within the Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery application form cannot be witnessed by a JCU Authorised Agent. This can only be certified by qualified people as listed on page 8.
Step 3 - Lodge your application form
Send your completed application form with all supporting documentation to James Cook University or lodge your application with one of JCU’s authorised overseas representatives. Posted, faxed or scanned copies can be used during assessment, but Original Certified copies need to be posted.
Step 4 – Receive your offer
If your application is successful, we will issue you with an offer letter.
Step 5 – Accept your offer
If you wish to accept your offer, you will need to sign all pages and complete the Acceptance and Payment form and return all pages to JCU along with payment and any conditions as outlined in your Offer letter.
Step 6 – Apply for your student visa
Once JCU receives your payment we will issue you with an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment form (eCOE). This is the document you need to apply for a student visa.
Other key information: