Completing your online application
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Prawn Breeding Research Hub
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Boating and Diving
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Centre for Disaster Solutions
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Staff Intranet
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- IT Services
- Information for Agents
- Why JCU?
- Study options
- Applying to JCU
- Fees and costs
- Prepare to Arrive
Life at JCU
- Campuses and Maps
- Student services and support
- Student stories
- Completing your studies
- Contact us
- JCU College
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- MACRO New
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Provost
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- Researcher Development Portal
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- Tropical Queensland Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Applying online allows you to save your progress, submit all documents in a quick and easy process and receive confirmation once your application has been successfully submitted.
Please check the JCU International application due dates and ensure you lodge your application in time.
To submit your application you will need all necessary documentation as stated on the website for your chosen course. This may include certified academic transcripts, proof of work experience, academic English results and additional application forms.
Refer to the Courses and Fees table in the study guide (PDF, 5726 KB) for information on minimum prerequisites.
Steps to follow
1. Find a course
Search for a course in courses and study. If you have already done this move on to the next step.
2. Lodge your application
To register as a first time user on JCU’s online application portal you need to be on the webpage of your chosen course (for example: the Bachelor of Marine Science webpage).
Select Apply International and read through the information before selecting the apply option. You may also choose to or lodge your application with one of JCU’s authorised international representatives/agents.
To upload documents after submitting your application, log back in to your online application or click the Upload Supporting Documentation button.
Note: your academic transcripts must be accompanied by the grading scale/key/legend used at the institution where you have undertaken your previous studies. If documentation is in a language other than English, an official certified translation must be included and translated by the issuing institution or by an official translating service.
We will assess your application based upon academic and English entry requirements for your preferred course.
3. Receive your offer
If your application is successful, we will generate an offer which you will receive by e-mail.
The offer letter includes:
- name and duration of the course you have been accepted into
- tuition fees, student services and amenities fee and Overseas Student Health Cover
- any credit you have been awarded for previous study (if course syllabus of previous subjects was provided with your application).
4. Accept your offer
Once you have received your Offer, sign each page, complete the Acceptance and Payment form, ensuring you meet any conditions outlined in your Offer Schedule and return it to International Admissions, or your JCU representative, along with any payment as set out in your Offer letter.
5. Apply for your student visa
JCU will then issue you an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE). This is the document you will need to obtain a student visa for Australia. Further details will be provided upon acceptance of your Offer. Use your eCOE to obtain a student visa from your nearest Embassy or Consulate in your home country.