As an international student, you may bring members of your family while you are studying. Students will need to prove that you can financially support your visiting family members. Students are required to identify all family members in the initial visa application. Visiting family members must be eligible to visit Australia. For more information visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website.
Students considering bringing their family need to consider:
• The cost of airfares to and from Australia;
• Possible higher rent for a larger home;
• Employment opportunities are not guaranteed;
• Extra costs for food, clothing and other necessities;
• The effect on students’ studies;
• Whether children will adjust to school in Australia;
• Waiting lists for child care centres and expense.
It is recommended that you adjust to living in Australia before bringing family members.