Townsville important dates
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Why JCU?
- For parents
- Study guides
- Exchange and Study Abroad
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- International Pathways to JCU
- JCU Study and Information Guides
- Applying to JCU
- Fees and costs
Coming to Australia
- Arrival service
- Useful links for new residents
- Life in Australia
- Working in Australia
- Living costs and other expenses
- Life at JCU
- Contact us
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
The following dates are the dates of important events before and during Teaching Period One 2020 (Semester One).
Diploma of Higher Education induction
For information on when and where the sessions are being held, please refer to the Diploma of Higher Education website.
There may be an alternative induction session if you are unable to attend the induction session listed on the website above.
For details about the alternative induction session dates and other general questions please contact email@example.com.
Compulsory International Student Orientation
When: Friday 14th February 2020. Registration opens at 8:00am with Orientation commencing at 8:30am. Morning tea and lunch will be provided.
Where: Building 26 (Sir George Kneipp Auditorium), Townsville campus.
What to bring: Photo ID (passport or driver's licence), JCU username and password (if you have one).
Service dates: Monday 10th February to Sunday 23rd February 2020.
Booking deadline: Please submit your arrival service booking by Thursday 6th February 2020 if you are commencing in Teaching Period 1 2020. Book your arrival service now.
Orientation Week (O-Week)
When: Monday 17th February to Friday 21st February 2020.
Make sure to attend your course introduction and participate in many of the other activities on offer: campus tours, workshops, student ID card sessions, timetable assistance, parties and much more. Get the most out of O Week.
You will need to submit your application through the JCU Accommodation Office. As accommodation on campus is limited you should list as many options as possible to ensure you have the best chance of being offered a place. A $55 non-refundable Accommodation Application Fee applies.
Other important dates
Other important dates will be throughout the semester in Teaching Period 1.