International Students For parents
Information for parents
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- IT Services
- Why JCU?
- Inbound Exchange and Study Abroad
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- International Pathways to JCU
- JCU Study and Information Guides
- Professional Employability Subject
- Applying to JCU
- Fees and costs
- Prepare to Arrive
- Life at JCU
- Contact us
- JCU College
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
We understand that choosing the right university is an important decision, especially if the university is in a different country.
Students at JCU enjoy a high standard of education in a safe and supportive environment. Our Australian campuses located in the vibrant regional cities of Townsville and Cairns offer friendly communities and a cost of living well below that of capital cities.
Australian institutions offering educational programs to international students must be registered with the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) to ensure the courses they offer meet Australia’s high standards.
JCU’s CRICOS provider number is 00117J.
Quality of education
We are ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide for academic studies and research by the pre-eminent global rankings system, the Academic Ranking of World Universities (2019).
Our degrees are accredited by leading professional organisations and many include practical, hands-on experience including internships, vacation placements and real-world projects with industry.
A safe environment
JCU offers on-campus security services who help ensure the safety of students and staff.
The emergency phone number in Australia is 000.
Our dedicated team provides support for international students throughout their entire JCU experience.
Students are provided with information to aid their arrival to Australia, including finding accommodation, though to preparations for returning to their home country. Once at JCU, students can enjoy a range of activities to help them adjust to their new home and assist them towards the completion of their studies.
JCU also offers academic support to help students study smarter and achieve their full potential.
Community and culture
The tropical cities of Townsville and Cairns are diverse communities that are home to people from a variety cultures and backgrounds. Both cities are home to cultural organisations and social groups which help to provide a supportive environment to members of the community from different backgrounds.
JCU also offers a range of clubs and societies to help students play an active role in the University community and provide them with the opportunity to meet fellow students with similar interests.