International Students For parents
Information for parents
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Why JCU?
- For parents
- Study guides
- Exchange and Study Abroad
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- International Pathways to JCU
- JCU Study and Information Guides
- Applying to JCU
- Fees and costs
Coming to Australia
- Arrival service
- Useful links for new residents
- Life in Australia
- Working in Australia
- Living costs and other expenses
- Life at JCU
- Contact us
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
We understand that choosing the right university is an important decision, especially if the university is in a different country.
Students at JCU enjoy a high standard of education in a safe and supportive environment. Our Australian campuses located in the vibrant regional cities of Townsville and Cairns offer friendly communities and a cost of living well below that of capital cities.
Australian institutions offering educational programs to international students must be registered with the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) to ensure the courses they offer meet Australia’s high standards.
JCU’s CRICOS provider number is 00117J.
Quality of education
We are ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide for academic studies and research by the pre-eminent global rankings system, the Academic Ranking of World Universities (2019).
Our degrees are accredited by leading professional organisations and many include practical, hands-on experience including internships, vacation placements and real-world projects with industry.
A safe environment
JCU offers on-campus security services who help ensure the safety of students and staff.
The emergency phone number in Australia is 000.
Our dedicated team provides support for international students throughout their entire JCU experience.
Students are provided with information to aid their arrival to Australia, including finding accommodation, though to preparations for returning to their home country. Once at JCU, students can enjoy a range of activities to help them adjust to their new home and assist them towards the completion of their studies.
JCU also offers academic support to help students study smarter and achieve their full potential.
Community and culture
The tropical cities of Townsville and Cairns are diverse communities that are home to people from a variety cultures and backgrounds. Both cities are home to cultural organisations and social groups which help to provide a supportive environment to members of the community from different backgrounds.
JCU also offers a range of clubs and societies to help students play an active role in the University community and provide them with the opportunity to meet fellow students with similar interests.