Completing your studies
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- IT Services
- Why JCU?
- Inbound Exchange and Study Abroad
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- International Pathways to JCU
- JCU Study and Information Guides
- Professional Employability Subject
- Applying to JCU
- Fees and costs
- Prepare to Arrive
- Life at JCU
- Contact us
- JCU College
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Exams and results
Exams are held in the last two weeks of a teaching period. A draft exam timetable is available on StudentsOnline approximately seven weeks before the official exam period and the final timetable will be available approximately five weeks before official exams begin.
For more information visit Exams and results.
Once you have successfully completed the requirements of your course, you will be allocated to a graduation ceremony based on your course and location. This means that you no longer need to apply to graduate - unless you are a PhD student (please refer to Graduation for details on applying). You will have the option to either confirm your attendance at the ceremony you have been allocated to, or opt out if you are unable to attend.
Further information regarding the graduation process and attending the graduation ceremony can be found at Graduation.
Note: this information does not apply to students enrolled in the Study Abroad or Exchange programs.
Preparing to Go Home
The International Student Support team provides information to students to assist in their preparations of completing their studies and returning home. Students will be able to access a number of informational videos on topics including: graduation procedures, immigration and visa matters, returning home travel arrangements, reverse culture shock and how to stay in touch with the JCU community.
Students can also access the Preparing to Go Home Guide for further information and advice.
If you have any questions about preparing to go home, please contact the International Student Support team.
You are encouraged to become an active member of the JCU alumni community as it provides you with a life-long link to JCU after you have completed your studies. All JCU students who have completed their studies are eligible to be part of the JCU alumni group (including Study Abroad and Exchange students).
For further information about the JCU alumni and its benefits visit Graduates and Alumni.