Academic Support

If you are experiencing academic difficulties whilst at James Cook University, there are a number of support staff and services within the University who may be able to help.

Learning Advisors

If you need help with study skills or assistance with academic reading, writing, speaking etc, Learning Advisors are available in the Learning Centre on the Cairns and Townsville campuses. Visit Learning Skills for further information.

Faculty Academic Advisors

If you have questions about your subject selection, advanced standing, changing your major or your course, degree completion or other course or enrolment query, you should contact a faculty academic adviser in the Student Centre. These contacts are listed for faculties at JCU Centre contacts.

Student Mentor Program

Participating in the Student Mentor Program is a great way for you to gain support and advice from continuing students during your time at JCU.