Biotechnology and functional genomics
Selective breeding and quantitative genetics
Industry use of genetics
Genetics of disease and stress
Ethics, food safety and environmental risks
Genomics and metabiomes
- Your total time slot will be 15 minutes (12 minutes presentation and 3 minutes for questions).
- The word limit for abstracts is 350 words
- Figures and tables may also be part of abstract.
- You must deliver a digital copy of your presentation to the Registration Desk no later than 0730am the day of your presentation, unless otherwise advised.
- Arrive at the "Agincourt" room before the session begins and contact the session convener for last-minute instructions or changes in the schedule.
- An audio visual control engineer will operate the slides. PowerPoint (.pptx) software is preferred in the 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Ensure that your visual aids can be seen clearly from a distance of at least 20 meters.
- A remote laser pointer and clicker and comfort monitor will be provided.
- You will have a choice of a lectern or lapel mic.
- Do not exceed the allocated time for your presentation.
Poster presentations are visual displays of material to be presented; they constitute an interactive and communicative medium, usually combining text and graphic information.
- If you are presenting a poster, please report to the "Tully Rooms" Monday 16/07/2018 at 0700am. You will receive instructions about where to hang your poster.
- Posters must be a maximum of A0 sizing- 841mm X 1189mm- vertical/portrait only.
- The word limit for poster abstracts is 300 words.
- Posters will be displayed throughout the conference.
- It is expected that presenter/s should be available at the poster during the conference breaks (morning and afternoon tea of the day allocated- TBC) in order give an overview of their poster to conference delegates.
Process for abstract review
Upon submission the Scientific committee will review abstracts and contact you via email if accepted.
You will need to nominate which mode of presentation you would most like for your submission in your abstract submission. The Committee reserves the right to offer you an alternative mode, if required, to suit the program and the number of submissions.
The ISGA XIII Conference awards a prize for:
- The best oral presentation
- The best student oral presentation
- The best poster presentation