You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- Explore Grants and Funding
Partner with us
Research Contracts & Consultancies
Innovate with us
- Defence Trade Controls
- Intellectual Property
- Discover our Facilities
- Contact Us
Ethics and Research Integrity
- Low/Negligible Risk Applications
- Closing Dates for Submission of Human Ethics Applications
- Getting help from Human Ethics Advisors
- Health Service Districts and External HREC Approvals
- How to submit a human research ethics application: Full HREC review
- Human Research Ethics
- Human Ethics Advisors
- Complaints and Unexpected Events
Animal Welfare and Ethics
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Research Ethics
- Research Code of Conduct
- Human Ethics
Innovate with us
JCU is passionate about innovation and making sure great ideas and inventions get to market.
JCU Connect’s Development and Commercialisation team offers advice to researchers on intellectual property protection and commercialisation of research outcomes as well as delivers education and training to staff through seminars and workshops.
Whether you’re starting with copyright, registered IP or know-how, JCU Connect will make sure you IP is protected and that you receive the appropriate recognition for your research.
The Development and Commercialisation team will provide personalised advice and support to:
- Assist with completing an Innovation Disclosure and Originators Statement.
- Determine the potential commercial value of an idea or design.
- Protect the intellectual property of appropriate.
- Obtain access to sources of funding to commercialise technology.
- Develop a commercialisation strategy.
- Guidelines on Confidentiality in Commercial Projects
- JCU’s Intellectual Property Policy
- Click here to view upcoming workshops managed by the Development and Commercialisation team.
Contact the Development and Commercialisation team
We would love to talk to you to discuss the stage of your project, what you would like to achieve, potential markets and partners and ways to protect your intellectual property.
Manager, Development and Commercialisation
(07) 4232 1783
|Pradeep Sadasivan Pillai|
Associate, Development and Commercialisation
(07) 4781 6458
Business Development Manager
(07) 4781 4422
AusIndustry, Innovation Facilitator
0409 066 475