Innovate with us
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Arts, Society and Education
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- About JCU Connect
- Explore Grants and Funding
Ethics and Research Integrity
- Low/Negligible Risk Applications
- Closing Dates for Submission of Human Ethics Applications
- Getting help from Human Ethics Advisors
- Health Service Districts and External HREC Approvals
- How to submit a human research ethics application: Full HREC review
- Human Research Ethics
- Human Ethics Advisors
- Complaints and Unexpected Events
- Animal Welfare and Ethics
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Research Ethics
- Research Code of Conduct
- Clinical Trials
- Human Ethics
Partner with us
- Preparing for a New Collaboration or Partnership
- Intellectual Property
- Research Contracts & Consultancies
- Innovate with us
- Defence Trade Controls
- Our Technologies
- Events, Workshops and Opportunities
- Contact Us
- General Enquiry Form
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
JCU is passionate about innovation and making sure great ideas and inventions get to market.
JCU Connect’s Development and Commercialisation team offers advice to researchers on intellectual property protection and commercialisation of research outcomes as well as delivers education and training to staff through seminars and workshops.
Whether you’re starting with copyright, registered IP or know-how, JCU Connect will make sure your IP is protected and that you receive the appropriate recognition for your research.
The Development and Commercialisation team will provide personalised advice and support to:
- Assist with completing an Innovation Disclosure and Originators Statement.
- Determine the potential commercial value of an idea or design.
- Protect the intellectual property of appropriate.
- Obtain access to sources of funding to commercialise technology.
- Develop a commercialisation strategy.
- Guidelines on Confidentiality in Commercial Projects
- JCU’s Intellectual Property Policy
- Click here to view upcoming workshops managed by the Development and Commercialisation team.
Contact the Development and Commercialisation team
We would love to talk to you to discuss the stage of your project, what you would like to achieve, potential markets and partners and ways to protect your intellectual property.