You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Arts, Society and Education
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
- Explore Grants and Funding
Ethics and Research Integrity
- Low/Negligible Risk Applications
- Closing Dates for Submission of Human Ethics Applications
- Getting help from Human Ethics Advisors
- Health Service Districts and External HREC Approvals
- How to submit a human research ethics application: Full HREC review
- Human Research Ethics
- Human Ethics Advisors
- Complaints and Unexpected Events
- Overview of Application Submission Process (Flowchart)
Animal Welfare and Ethics
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Research Ethics
- Research Code of Conduct
- Human Ethics
Partner with us
Research Contracts & Consultancies
Innovate with us
- Defence Trade Controls
- Intellectual Property
- Events, Workshops and Opportunities
- Contact Us
A circular economy is a model that revolves around the design of resources that can be safely returned to the environment or that can be reused or renewed.
With sustainability at the top of the agenda for the citizen of today and tomorrow, this one-day hackathon attracts thinkers, doers, and innovators to ideate a future embedded in, embodying, and enacting the circular economy. Here you'll engage with thought leaders across the globe, including from the Good Design Australia network, digitally collaborating with a broader network of rebel designers throughout the day. You'll then pitch your concept to a set of judges, unleashing your vision of a sustainable future to the world.
What happens at Full Circle?
Over this one day hackathon, you will join students, academics, startups, business leaders and everyone in-between to ideate and create a future FNQ with the circular economy as its epicentere. To design a better tomorrow you'll form teams, where together, you'll explore questions like:
- How could we transform our relationship with the reef?
- You will look at our relationship today, and how this could be transformed for a better tomorrow.
- How can the everyday person engage in a circular economy?
- We don't need one person doing it perfectly. We need millions of people doing it imperfectly.
- How might we share resources more effectively?
- Think about it. How many items have you purchased that you've used once, and now it simply collects dust in the garage. How could leveraging the sharing economy create a sustainable future?
Why should you join us?
- You see, the best way to predict the future is to create it. This is the best place to start: by designing a sustainable future.
- You believe there's always a different way of doing things. Just because it's the way we've always done it, doesn't mean it should stay that way.
- You understand the need for creating a sustainable future today. You understand the impact of now for shaping the world for tomorrow.
Come and join us and bring your ideas or simply your point of view to design a sustainable future.
"The future is here. It is just not widely distributed yet." - William Gibson.
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture