You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
JCU Contact Information Security
The JCU Security Service contributes to the provision of a safe and secure environment for all staff, students and visitors, to ensure the security of buildings and property belonging to the university and to provide an emergency response to any notified emergency situation.
A team of well-trained and equipped uniformed officers perform security patrols, access controls and ensure the ongoing provision of timely and accurate information and advice.
A safe secure community is best realised when everyone in that community accepts and shares at least some of that responsibility. Accordingly, your contribution to security, however big or small, is equally important to JCU's success.
To help everyone contribute in the best way they can, the Security Service employs a collaborative approach actively working with individuals and groups who study, work, reside at or visit the University, providing them with the necessary guidance and support to help build a strong culture of security awareness from which we all can benefit.
If you have any security related concerns or inquiries, please contact the Security Office on the phone numbers below.
Emergency Services (Police, Fire Service or Ambulance) – All Campuses
- External or mobile phones – dial 000
- Internal phones – dial 0 then 000
If you request any of these emergency services to respond to an incident on campus, you should also advise JCU Security on the telephone numbers listed below.
- From an external or mobile phone – dial 4781 5555 or 1800 675 559
- From an internal phone dial 15555
- From an external or a mobile phone – dial 4781 6000
- From an internal phone dial 16000.
Contact JCU Security Service by email to email@example.com
- From an external or mobile phone – dial 4232 1293 or mobile phone dial 0419 677 874
- From an internal phone dial 21293 (this number may divert to a mobile number)
Contact JCU Security Service by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (for internal use only)
Report Security Incidents
Report all security incidents as early as possible to the Security Office or a Security Officer. Any emailed reports may be sent to email@example.com. All reports remain confidential.
Emergency Management Program
Please visit the Emergency webpage for emergency information and evacuation procedures for staff and students.
Security Response Times
Security will respond to requests from clients as quickly as they can, taking into consideration other duties required to be performed and the appropriate priorities for these.
Security escorts are available for students and staff.
The Security Service provides escorts after-hours from buildings to car parks and on-campus accommodation buildings.
It should be noted that there is no officer dedicated to this service and so the response time will be variable depending on the duties and location of the Security Officers at the time of the request.
Queensland Police Beat (Townsville Campus)
A Queensland Police Beat operates on the Townsville Campus only. The Police Beat operates during Semesters 1 and 2 and will not operate during semester breaks.
Police Beat hours are:
- Mondays – 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Thursdays – 8:00pm to 2:00am
- Fridays – 12:00pm to 8:00pm
Contact Police Beat on 4781 6001 (this phone may be diverted to a mobile number).
To contact the Queensland Police outside these hours, you should ring the Stuart Station on 4799 8999, Townsville Station on 4759 9777, or Smithfield Station (Cairns) on 4030 7000.
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture