Frequently Asked Questions
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- IT Services
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
JCU Halls of Residence
- About Us
Living in the Halls
- How to Apply
- Preparing for Your Arrival
- Facilities and Services
- Money Matters
Resident Code of Conduct
- Breaches and Misconduct
- Drug and Substance Abuse
- Inductions and Floor/Block Meetings
- Lock Outs
- Minimum Dress Requirements
- Safety and Security
- Self Catering
- Social Functions
- Work Health and Safety
- JCU Inter-Collegiate Code
- Complaints Process
- Disciplinary Procedure: Misconduct
- Disciplinary Procedure: Serious Breach
- Residential Life Team
- Information for Parents
- Casual Stays
- Conferences and Functions
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Off-Campus Students
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- VAVS Home
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTD
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Frequently asked questions concerning our Conference and Function service:
Is technical support offered?
A staff member will be available for basic technical support in use of our equipment only.
Is internet access available?
Both conference rooms are equipped with LAN (local area network) ports and network cables, and all our venues have access to wireless internet.
Internal clients (JCU staff and students) can use their JCU NetAccess account for internet access.
Delegate internet accounts can be arranged for external clients requiring internet access. We require at least 72 hours notice prior to the event if a delegate account is required, fees may apply.
Can we organise our own catering?
It is not our policy to allow parties to provide their own catering. We have an extensive menu options to choose from.
Do we have to set the room up ourselves?
No, basic setup is included in the room hire.
Comprehensive room setups may attract additional fees to cover labour and laundry costs. Contact the Functions Coordinator if you have any special requirements.
How can I organise support during our function?
Contact information for the Functions Coordinators will be provided to the conference presenter on the day of the event.
Each conference room has a phone installed with the Functions Coordinator's mobile number and the local taxi number programmed into speed dial.
If you will be using the Balcony, there is a phone available in the administration office.
Can I book a function or event on a weekend or public holiday?
Yes, subject to availability.
Weekend and public holiday rates will be provided on request.
These functions will attract a surcharge on catering (which allows for the penalty rates that we are legally required to pay our staff on the weekends).