You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Arts, Society and Education
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Living in the Halls
- How to Apply
Preparing for Your Arrival
Facilities and Services
Resident Code of Conduct
- Breaches and Misconduct
- Drug and Substance Abuse
- Inductions and Floor/Block Meetings
- Lock Outs
- Minimum Dress Requirements
- Safety and Security
- Self Catering
- Social Functions
- Work Health and Safety
- JCU Inter-Collegiate Code
- Complaints Process
- Disciplinary Procedure: Misconduct
- Disciplinary Procedure: Serious Breach
- Residential Life Team
- Information for Parents
Conferences and Functions
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently asked questions concerning our Conference and Function service:
Is technical support offered?
A staff member will be available for basic technical support in use of our equipment only.
Is internet access available?
Both conference rooms are equipped with LAN (local area network) ports and network cables, and all our venues have access to wireless internet.
Internal clients (JCU staff and students) can use their JCU NetAccess account for internet access.
Delegate internet accounts can be arranged for external clients requiring internet access. We require at least 72 hours notice prior to the event if a delegate account is required, fees may apply.
Can we organise our own catering?
It is not our policy to allow parties to provide their own catering. We have an extensive menu options to choose from.
Do we have to set the room up ourselves?
No, basic setup is included in the room hire.
Comprehensive room setups may attract additional fees to cover labour and laundry costs. Contact the Functions Coordinator if you have any special requirements.
How can I organise support during our function?
Contact information for the Functions Coordinators will be provided to the conference presenter on the day of the event.
Each conference room has a phone installed with the Functions Coordinator's mobile number and the local taxi number programmed into speed dial.
If you will be using the Balcony, there is a phone available in the administration office.
Can I book a function or event on a weekend or public holiday?
Yes, subject to availability.
Weekend and public holiday rates will be provided on request.
These functions will attract a surcharge on catering (which allows for the penalty rates that we are legally required to pay our staff on the weekends).
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture