- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- IT Services
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
JCU Halls of Residence
- About Us
Living in the Halls
- How to Apply
- Preparing for Your Arrival
- Facilities and Services
- Money Matters
Resident Code of Conduct
- Breaches and Misconduct
- Drug and Substance Abuse
- Inductions and Floor/Block Meetings
- Lock Outs
- Minimum Dress Requirements
- Safety and Security
- Self Catering
- Social Functions
- Work Health and Safety
- JCU Inter-Collegiate Code
- Complaints Process
- Disciplinary Procedure: Misconduct
- Disciplinary Procedure: Serious Breach
- Residential Life Team
- Information for Parents
- Casual Stays
- Conferences and Functions
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Off-Campus Students
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- VAVS Home
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTD
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
At the JCU Halls of Residence we strive to provide a professional service in a safe and friendly environment.
Our venues are fully licensed and our staff are trained in responsible service of alcohol. We are here to help you have a good time, however we are also here to help you make the right decisions regarding alcohol.
Management upholds all Queensland liquor laws and will support our staff in implementing them, especially the following house rules:
BYO (Bring Your Own)
Due to liquor licensing restrictions, we are not able to offer a BYO service.
Alcohol must not be removed from the licensed premises.
For safety purposes, alcohol is not to be consumed in stairwells, walkways, exits or outdoor areas.
No person under the age of 18 will be served alcohol.
Identification may be requested.
Intoxicated patrons will not be served and management will support staff who ask unruly patrons to vacate the premises.
The students living at the JCU Halls of Residence would appreciate the respect given to them concerning noise levels. The Halls is their home and their study is of great importance.
Smoking is not permitted. JCU Townsville is a smoke free campus.
Functions personnel have been trained to assist in helping patrons drink responsibly.
In our effort to ensure an enjoyable and safe atmosphere, we encourage patrons not to drink and drive.
If you require a taxi, there is a phone available in the administration office.