Health and Wellbeing
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- IT Services
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
JCU Halls of Residence
- About Us
Living in the Halls
- How to Apply
- Preparing for Your Arrival
- Facilities and Services
- Money Matters
Resident Code of Conduct
- Breaches and Misconduct
- Drug and Substance Abuse
- Inductions and Floor/Block Meetings
- Lock Outs
- Minimum Dress Requirements
- Safety and Security
- Self Catering
- Social Functions
- Work Health and Safety
- JCU Inter-Collegiate Code
- Complaints Process
- Disciplinary Procedure: Misconduct
- Disciplinary Procedure: Serious Breach
- Residential Life Team
- Information for Parents
- Conferences and Functions
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- VAVS Home
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
As well as the sporting activities organised by your Resident Life Team, the JCU Student Association offers you many choices to keep fit, including a fitness centre, sports ovals, squash courts, tennis courts, a swimming pool, and sports programs.
JCUSA Gym and SA+ Membership
Residents can join the JCUSA and Fitness Centre and membership includes full gym access, unlimited group fitness classes, SA+ discount card, membership pack and other benefits.
If you require first aid, you will find a well-stocked first aid kit in every Duty Residential Assistant Office, Dining Hall and Administration Office. RAs are trained in first aid.
If you are unwell or in need of urgent medical attention, please also contact your duty Residential Assistant.
A full listing of Townsville Doctors can be found in the Yellow Pages telephone directory.
JCU Health GP Clinic
JCU Health is an on-campus General Practice Clinic, located on Level 1 of the Clinical Practice Building (Building 500).
Clinic hours are 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, closed weekends and public holidays. To book an appointment, phone (07) 4781 4495.
After Hours Care
An after-hours home visit doctor service operates in Townsville. Visit House Call Doctor or call 135566.
There is also a 24-hour emergency ward at the Townsville Hospital.
If you require medical assistance after hours and you are unsure who to contact or where to go, you can call JCU’s Student Assistance Helpline on 1800 754 185 for advice (free call from any landline; charges will apply from mobile phones).
The Townsville Hospital is located in Douglas, adjacent to the Townsville campus.
For life threatening, critical or serious situations call triple zero (000). If calling from your room phone, dial zero (0) to get an external line, then dial triple zero (000).
There are also pharmacies located at the nearby Annandale Central Shopping Centre, Stockland Shopping Centre, and Centro Plaza.
The nearest dentists are located in the Medilink Retail Centre opposite the Townsville Hospital, or in the suburbs of Kirwan or Aitkenvale.