You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Living in the Halls
- How to Apply
Preparing for Your Arrival
Facilities and Services
Resident Code of Conduct
- Breaches and Misconduct
- Drug and Substance Abuse
- Inductions and Floor/Block Meetings
- Lock Outs
- Minimum Dress Requirements
- Safety and Security
- Self Catering
- Social Functions
- Work Health and Safety
- JCU Inter-Collegiate Code
- Complaints Process
- Disciplinary Procedure: Misconduct
- Disciplinary Procedure: Serious Breach
- Residential Life Team
- Information for Parents
Conferences and Functions
JCU'’s Estate Office provides a campus wide mail service for both internal and external mail and freight.
Incoming mail is delivered to each hall office, usually between 11am and 1pm, Monday to Friday. Residents' mail is sorted into the alphabetical pigeonholes located in the following areas:
- George Roberts Hall > Dining Room
- Rotary International House > Old Common Room/Study Room
- University Hall > Dining Room (stairwell foyer)
- Western Courts > Reception / RA Office
Residents will be notified by email if they have received registered mail or parcels. These are kept in the office for collection during office hours, and in the RA office after hours, they can only be collected and signed for by the person to whom they are addressed, or a nominated third party where written consent is given.
There is an Australia Post shop located in the Student Mall.
Mail redirection within Australia can be arranged through your hall office during vacations or for a maximum of 3 months after your departure. Please leave a forwarding address at the office when you leave and do remember to notify your correspondents of your change of address.
Students can arrange international mail redirection via Australia Post (charges apply), for more information contact JCU Post Office on +61 7 4779 7388.
Please keep us up to date with your contact details so that we can keep in touch.