You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Arts, Society and Education
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Living in the Halls
- How to Apply
Preparing for Your Arrival
Facilities and Services
Resident Code of Conduct
- Breaches and Misconduct
- Drug and Substance Abuse
- Inductions and Floor/Block Meetings
- Lock Outs
- Minimum Dress Requirements
- Safety and Security
- Self Catering
- Social Functions
- Work Health and Safety
- JCU Inter-Collegiate Code
- Complaints Process
- Disciplinary Procedure: Misconduct
- Disciplinary Procedure: Serious Breach
- Residential Life Team
- Information for Parents
Conferences and Functions
JCU Inter-Collegiate Code
This code applies to all residents of the JCU Affiliated Colleges and Halls of Residence.
Harassment and Discrimination
The JCU Halls of Residence and Affiliated Colleges assert and affirm their responsibility for the maintenance of residential communities of students of the University which are free of discrimination and harassment.
The Colleges and Halls of Residence are bound under the JCU’s Discrimination and Harassment: Policy & Procedure and by State and Commonwealth Law in these matters.
All Affiliated Colleges and Halls of Residence will ensure that instruction on the University Discrimination and Harassment Policy is made a mandatory part of Orientation Week programs for all new residents.
Any complaints arising from alleged acts of discrimination or harassment will be dealt with under JCU’s Discrimination and Harassment: Policy & Procedure.
Senior RAs of Colleges and Halls will take action to prohibit any form of institutionalised harassment of new or continuing student residents through songs, chants, “initiation” ceremonies or required uniforms or items of clothing of a degrading nature.
All Colleges and Halls will ensure that this code is reproduced each year in the College/Hall Resident Code of Conduct or other relevant publication and distributed to all residents prior to or on arrival.
Student access to other Colleges and Halls
Members of Colleges and Halls may not enter onto the grounds or into the buildings of Colleges or Halls other than that in which they are enrolled, unless:
1.1 They are there at the invitation of a bonafide resident of that College or Hall and in the company of their host or hostess, or
1.2 They are a member of a specified group from other Colleges and Halls who have been invited as a group, or
1.3 They are attending a function or activity at that College or Hall to which there is a general invitation.
If members of a College or Hall wish to visit another College or Hall, they are required to contact their potential host to arrange an invitation and arrange to be met on arrival.
During the time that they are present at the other College or Hall, visitors must abide by the rules of that College or Hall, all applicable JCU policies and any instructions that they are given by any member of the staff of the institution including any member of Residential Staff such as Residential Assistants.
Hosts will always be held to be responsible for the conduct and behaviour of their visitors including being responsible for the financial costs and penalties arising from any breach of rules or any damage, whether accidental or wilful.
Residents of College or Halls must not attempt to enter another College or Hall when under the influence of alcohol.
Acts of vandalism or theft (whether the intention is to permanently deprive or “souvenir” with the intention to return) committed by a visitor to a College or Hall will render the visitor liable to exclusion from the College or Hall at which they are enrolled.
The Senior RAs of College and Halls will impose penalties up to exclusion from residence on any member of their College or Hall who is found to be guilty of offences under this code in another College or Hall.
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture