We refer to ePortfolios as an electronically stored collection of experiences, achievements, and artefacts, together with the reflections of one's learning.
An ePortfolio may assist learners with their personal development by providing them with a single, organised repository.
ePortfolios can assist learners:
- Develop a holistic overview of their learning/experiences/development beyond individual subjects/classes
- Understand their learning and experience in terms of graduate attributes and employability skills
- Extract evidence to represent their learning and achievements, for example to develop selection criteria responses
- Identify skill gaps through review and reflection on their ePortfolio content, and
- Plan and set personal development targets.
ePortfolios can assist educators:
- Gain deeper more rounded insight into a students understanding, and
- Enable the provision of rich individualised academic advice.