Last updated: 22 March 2019
Once you are logged in to LearnJCU:
- Under the course Control Panel at the base of the left menu bar, open the Subject Tools list and click Tests, Surveys and Pools
- Click Tests
- Click Import Test
- Click Browse Content Collection.
- Hover over the Browse button and click Institution Content from the dropdown that appears.
- Click the Learning_Objects folder.
- Click the Epigeum_Academic-Success folder.
- Select the radio button next to the module zip file – this example will use the What is Higher Education For? module – and click Submit
- Confirm the file selection by clicking Submit
- Within this folder is a listing of all of the Academic Success modules and associated end-of-module quizzes.
- Select the radio button next to the end-of-module quiz zip file – this example will use the What is Higher Education For? module quiz – and click Submit.
- Confirm the file selection by clicking Submit.
- An import completion message will appear with details of the time and date the process was run and the final status.
- Navigating back to the course Control Panel > Subject Tools > Tests, Surveys and Pools > Tests will show the newly imported quiz and its status (not deployed at this time).
- To deploy the quiz, navigate to the desired location (in this example, the Learning Resources folder where the Academic Success Module also appears) and click Assessments > Test.
- From the Add an Existing Test box, select the end-of-module quiz and click Submit.
- Begin to configure the quiz (modify the default name if required, add notes for students, make the quiz open in a new window, make the quiz link available to students, add new announcements etc).
- Continue configuration (set multiple attempts if desired, set a timer, set display dates).
- Further down the configuration form, ensure that the Include this Test in Grade Centre Score Calculations option is ticked.
- Finalise quiz settings around display of results to students and question presentation, and click Submit.
- After submitting the form, the end-of-module quiz will appear in the content folder with a purple Success: <quiz name> Options Edited message at the top of the screen.
- Finally, open the course Control Panel > Grade Centre > Full Grade Centre to check that a new column for the end-of-module quiz has been added.
Getting access to subject sites
- Managing staff roles in LearnJCU (PDF, 583 KB)
- Opting in/out of subjects as a Site Editor or Viewer (PDF, 359 KB)
- Staff troubleshooting access to subject sites
Setting up and managing the subject site
- Creating and editing assignment submission dropboxes
- Using Safe Assign as a plagiarism tool in assignment dropboxes (PDF, 264 KB)
- Grade settings in assignment dropboxes explained
- Creating, editing and using rubrics with assessment items
- Importing and exporting rubrics between subjects
- Downloading assignments from the Grade Centre in bulk
- Grading assignment submissions online
- Grading assignment submissions with Safe Assign enabled
- Additional information...
Tests, Surveys and Pools
- Create tests and surveys
- What question types are available?
- Editing tests and questions
- Setting the test or survey options
- Importing and Exporting rubrics between subjects
- Grading tests
- Using Respondus Lockdown Browser
- Download the Respondus Lockdown Browser (Windows and Mac)
- Additional information…
Self and Peer Assessment
- Navigate around subject site
- Editing and managing content
- Content editor functionality
- Using mashups
- Building a glossary
- View a site as a student with 'Student Preview'
- Inserting Academic Success Modules
- Academic Success - End-of-Module Quizzes
- Embedding Lynda.com courses into LearnJCU Subject Sites
- Additional information…