Last updated: 22 March 2019
You can migrate old eLecture recordings to your current LearnJCU subject site by creating a web link for each recording.
- Search for your eLecture recording in the Digital Library by clicking here. The Digital Library search will open in a new window.
- Type the subject code or the presenter's name into the search field on the top left and click the magnifying glass icon to show the results
Hint: Use the page links at the bottom of the search if you have more than one page of search results.
- Click the icon next to the eLecture recording to be migrated. This will display the publication metadata for the recording.
- Locate the URL for your recording, select and copy it
- Return to your LearnJCU subject site and navigate to the page where the link is to be placed (eg. Learning Resources > Week 1)
- Ensure Edit mode is ON and using the Build Content pulldown select Web Link
- In the Name field, type a Name for your web link (eg. BZ1007 Week 1 lecture)
- In the URL field, paste the URL copied from your search
In most cases, you can leave the remaining settings in their default configuration
- Click the Submit button to complete the process.
- Test your recording by clicking the link you have just created which will open the video in a new browser tab.
Getting access to subject sites
- Managing staff roles in LearnJCU (PDF, 583 KB)
- Opting in/out of subjects as a Site Editor or Viewer (PDF, 359 KB)
- Staff troubleshooting access to subject sites
Setting up and managing the subject site
- Creating and editing assignment submission dropboxes
- Using Safe Assign as a plagiarism tool in assignment dropboxes (PDF, 264 KB)
- Grade settings in assignment dropboxes explained
- Creating, editing and using rubrics with assessment items
- Importing and exporting rubrics between subjects
- Downloading assignments from the Grade Centre in bulk
- Grading assignment submissions online
- Grading assignment submissions with Safe Assign enabled
- Additional information...
Tests, Surveys and Pools
- Create tests and surveys
- What question types are available?
- Editing tests and questions
- Setting the test or survey options
- Importing and Exporting rubrics between subjects
- Grading tests
- Using Respondus Lockdown Browser
- Download the Respondus Lockdown Browser (Windows and Mac)
- Additional information…
Self and Peer Assessment
- Navigate around subject site
- Editing and managing content
- Content editor functionality
- Using mashups
- Building a glossary
- View a site as a student with 'Student Preview'
- Inserting Academic Success Modules
- Academic Success - End-of-Module Quizzes
- Embedding Lynda.com courses into LearnJCU Subject Sites
- Additional information…