Nominations for the 2017 award round close on Friday, 19 May 2017.
Awards for Programs that Enhance Learning recognise learning and teaching support programs and services that make an outstanding contribution to the quality of student learning and the quality of the student experience of higher education.
Nomination is open to all programs and services that enhance student learning in higher education. Nominations must be supported by the nominating institution.
Programs should be broader than one or two subjects, or a limited service that involves only a few students. For example, programs may involve a service or program provided at the institutional, faculty or school level, a program of study across number of years, or a service or program directed at particular groups of students.
Up to 12 Awards with a prize value of $25,000 each will be granted across six categories in 2017.
- Widening participation
- Educational partnerships and collaborations with other organisations
- Innovation and flexibility in curricula, learning and teaching
- Postgraduate education
- Student experiences and services supporting learning, development and growth in higher education
- Global citizenship and internationalisation
Initial applications are to be made through the Directorate of Learning, Teaching and Student Engagement. Institutions may submit only one (1) nomination for each category.
Staff who wish to apply for this award should work through the following application stages:
1 - Review the criteria and requirements
- Review the criteria and requirements for Program Awards available on the Department of Education and Training (DET) website.
- Download the Nomination Form from the DET website.
2 - Register your interest
- Register an Expression of Interest with firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Expressions of interest should be received by Thursday, 6 April 2017.
3 - Review successful programs
- Review successful programs. Have a chat with a recipient about their application process and success.
- Contact your Associate Dean, Learning and Teaching for support and mentoring.
- Identify a Program Awards mentor - it might be a previous recipient.
- Remember to read all information provided by the DET on their website, including previous award recipient information and assessment reports.
4 - Research your application
- Collate your evidence, use a range of data to support your nomination.
Some useful resources to consider include:
- "Data-led strategies for improving learning and teaching outcomes" by Associate Professor Phil Morgan, University of Newcastle (Download PDF)
- "Top 5 ways to find out about your students and their university experience" by JCU Teaching and Learning Development (Download PDF)
5 - Prepare and lodge your application
- Prepare your application, ensuring compliance with criteria and all requirements.
- Applications which do not conform to the formatting requirement outlined by the DET will not be reviewed.
- Complete the Application Checklist before submitting your application.
- Email your application to email@example.com by the internal due date, Friday, 19 May 2017.
- Late applications will not be considered.
Closing date: Friday, 19 May 2017