Transitions & Retention
- Evaluation and Feedback
- Professional Development & Recognition
Policies & Frameworks
Subject Outline Guide and Template
- Diploma of Health (Nursing Pathway)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Physician Assistant)
- Postgraduate Biomedical Sciences
- Postgraduate Medicine and Dentistry
- Postgraduate Midwifery
- Postgraduate Nursing Science
- Postgraduate Psychology
- Postgraduate Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Postgraduate Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Graduate Certificate of Aeromedical Retrieval
- Postgraduate Rehabilitation
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
- Graduate Diploma of Rural Generalist Practice
- Subject Outline Guide and Template
Lecturer – Diploma of Higher Education
Qualifications: B.Sc (Hons; Physical Chemistry), PhD (Applied Environmental Chemistry)
Learning, Teaching and Student Engagement, Room B1.012 (Library)
+61 7 4232 1557
Carol is an enthusiastic science educator with a passion for engaging and enabling first year students in the science and maths space. She endeavours to inspire students by infusing her teaching with the latest Australian scientific research. Before arriving at JCU Cairns, Carol lectured chemistry, ecology and science communication at a range of Australian universities, and worked as a science educator at the Australian Academy of Science. Her previous scientific research focused on groundwater and surface water biogeochemistry.
Carol teaches into the following Diploma of Higher Education subjects:
SC1022 - Essential Science (Subject Coordinator and Lecturer, Townsville / Cairns)
- CS1022 - Learning in a Digital Environment (Lecturer, Cairns)
Key interest areas
Developing novel and engaging techniques to communicate complex scientific concepts to non-specialist audiences.
Improving learning outcomes for new science students.
Effective communication in science.