You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Transitions & Retention
- Evaluation and Feedback
- Professional Development & Recognition
Policies & Frameworks
Subject Outline Guide and Template
- Bachelor of Health Science
- Postgraduate Biomedical Sciences
- Postgraduate Medicine and Dentistry
- Postgraduate Midwifery
- Postgraduate Nursing Science
- Postgraduate Psychology
- Postgraduate Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Postgraduate Veterinary Science
- Graduate Diploma of Psychology
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Graduate Certificate of Aeromedical Retrieval
- Postgraduate Rehabilitation
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
- Diploma of Health (Nursing Pathway)
- Graduate Diploma of Rural Generalist Practice
- Subject Outline Guide and Template
Career Development, Employability and Entrepreneurship
Modern theoretical frameworks for careers and employment centre on the production of ‘career ready’ graduates, rather than simply ‘job ready’ graduates. This involves the systematic, strategic embedding of career development, employability and entrepreneurship throughout learning experiences.
Career development is a key component to supporting graduate success. We engage students with this important principle through career development learning, which involves learning about the content and process of career development or career management.
At JCU, career development learning can be embedded within core subjects across a degree from first year to final year, or integrated into Capstone and/or Work Integrated Learning subjects.
JCU Careers and Employment Service assists teaching staff with integration of online career development learning materials into curriculum, development of authentic assessment tasks, as well as course-specific career activities to support graduate success and lifelong learning.
Career Development Program
JCU's Career Development Program consists of a suite of modules designed to assist students with their career development and transition into professional employment.
Contact the Careers and Employment team for support and advice.