Staff troubleshooting access to subject sites
When you login to LearnJCU, you will see a list of your subjects that you are currently enrolled in as a coordinator, teacher, tutor, or student.
If you do not see your subject in the list, check the following:
1. Browser check
Ensure you are using the latest version of Chrome or Firefox, clear your browser cache/cookies and reopen LearnJCU.
2. Confirm you have been added to the subject
Confirm you have been added to the subject in the Teaching Roles Database (TRDB) by your College’s Academic Services Team.
Go to, StaffOnline > Academic Staff Information > Teaching Roles Database (TRDB) > Subject / User Search
If your name is not listed in the subject, contact your Academic Services Team.
- College of Arts Society and Education
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Public Health, Medical and Veterinary Sciences
- College of Science and Engineering
Once updated and approved, you should have access to the subject in LearnJCU within a few minutes.
3. Student access and enrolment
Any student who officially enrols in a subject offering will have access to the corresponding LearnJCU subject site. When this doesn't happen for some reason or another, check out these handy hints to find out why.
4. Guest lecturers and external users
Users without a JCU username may be added as participants in subject and community sites.
5. Still not working? Contact us
If you are still unable to access your subject site, go to our support form to request assistance.
Other. Non-teaching roles and management
Teaching support staff and students may be added to LearnJCU subject sites in one of a variety of defined teaching and non-teaching roles.