How to use PebblePad
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Graduate Research School
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- IT Services
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- JCU Curriculum Framework
- New Academic Staff
- Sessional Staff
- Subject Outline
- Learning Analytics
- English as an Additional Language
- WIL Resources for Staff
- Careers Development Resources
- Standards for Blended and Online Subject Design
- Tips for Online Teaching
- Induction to LearnJCU
- Online Communication
- Collaborate Subject Rooms
- Online Computations
- Capturing Media
Mediasite Recorded Lectures
- Auto-captured lectures
- Recording with mobile devices
- Installing Mediasite Desktop Recorder (MDR)
- Recording with the Mediasite Desktop Recorder (MDR)
- Upload existing media
- Create Vodcasts and Podcasts
- Share Vodcasts
- Share Podcasts
- Edit with the Mediasite Web-Editor
- My Mediasite Dashboard
- Make your recording 'Viewable'
- Edit titles, descriptions and tags
- Adjust recording permissions
- Access the Web-Editor
- Manage your storage space
- Analytics in Mediasite
- Publish recording to LearnJCU
- A catalogue for your auto-captured lectures
- Mediasite myths
- Using Mediasite for Assessment
- Mediasite FAQs
- Online Group Work
- Online Assessment
- Respondus online secure exams
- PebblePad ePortfolios
- Online Learning Resources
- Available Analytics
- Mobile Learning Apps
- Known Issues
- Support - Ask LearnJCU
- About LTSE
- Student Success
- Transitions & Retention
- Evaluation and Feedback
- Professional Development & Recognition
Policies & Frameworks
- Subject Outline
- Diploma of Health (Nursing Pathway)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Physician Assistant)
- Postgraduate Biomedical Sciences
- Postgraduate Medicine and Dentistry
- Postgraduate Midwifery
- Postgraduate Nursing Science
- Postgraduate Psychology
- Postgraduate Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Postgraduate Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Graduate Certificate of Aeromedical Retrieval
- Postgraduate Rehabilitation
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
- Graduate Diploma of Rural Generalist Practice
- Register for Workshops & Events
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- VAVS Home
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Pebble+ is your private, secure personal online learning space.
You can create records of learning, experience and achievement by noting your reflections and showcasing your knowledge, skills and attributes.
Structured resources are on hand to prompt and guide you.
PebblePad is an ePortfolio tool available to all staff and students via LearnJCU.
Lecturers can provide a PebblePad link within the Subject Content, this will allow students direct access to their PebblePad dashboards at the time of need.
Otherwise, students can also find it in 'Books & Tools' in the left-hand menu of your subject site under 'Details & Actions'.
In subject sites still using 'Original' view, the PebblePad link can be found in 'Tools' in the left-hand menu.
- PebblePad in a nutshell (YouTube 1 min)
- Pebble+ Home (YouTube 59 secs)
- Navigating PebblePad (YouTube 42 secs)
- The important stuff (YouTube 1 min)
How to guides - for students
Templates and workbooks (YouTube 49 secs)
Learn how to create a resource and what happens when you complete a response.
Get creative (YouTube 1.28 min)
Get creative in PebblePad with Pages, Portfolios, Blogs, Logs and Collections.
Sharing with others (YouTube 1.04 min)
Everything in PebblePad is private unless shared - learn more on sharing your assets.
How to add links and format text (YouTube 59 secs)
Formatting text is a great way to personalise your assets in PebblePad.
Using templates and workbooks provided by your lecturer (PDF 176KB)
Learn how to locate, use and edit a workbook or template in PebblePad.
Submitting an assignment in PebblePad
If you're using PebblePad for an assessment in a subject you'll need to submit your assignment to PebblePad rather than LearnJCU for marking.
Viewing feedback on assignments in PebblePad
Feedback on assessment submitted to PebblePad can be viewed using the ATLAS link.
As video files are often too large to be easily uploaded and viewed in PebblePad. An easy solution is to first upload your video to a service like YouTube or Vimeo then link to the video in PebblePad.
I get a blank screen when I click the Pebble+ link in my LearnJCU site?
PebblePad opens in a new browser window and you will need to allow pop-ups so that Pebble+ can open.
Can I take the assets I created in Pebble+ with me after I graduate?
Yes, you can enable an alumni account which offers free, lifetime access to PebblePad including the assets you created at JCU.