Assignment Inline Marking
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Prawn Breeding Research Hub
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Boating and Diving
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Centre for Disaster Solutions
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Staff Intranet
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- IT Services
- Information for Agents
- International Students
- JCU College
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
Online Teaching Tools
- Standards for Blended and Online Subject Design
- Tips for Teaching Online
- Induction to LearnJCU
- Subject Site Setup
- Accessibility in LearnJCU
- Online Communication
- Collaborate Subject Rooms
- Online Computations
- Capturing Media
Mediasite Recorded Lectures
- Auto-captured lectures
- Recording with mobile devices
- Recording with the Mediasite Desktop Recorder (MDR)
- Upload existing media
- Create Vodcasts and Podcasts
- Edit with the Mediasite Web-Editor
- My Mediasite Dashboard
- Make your recording 'Viewable'
- Edit titles, descriptions and tags
- Adjust recording permissions
- Access the Web-Editor
- Manage your storage space
- Mediasite Analytics
- Publish recording to LearnJCU
- A catalogue for your auto-captured lectures
- Mediasite myths
- Using Mediasite for Assessment
- Mediasite FAQs
- DIY Auto-Captioning
- Online Group Work
- Online Tools for Assessment
- Grade Centre Setup
- Respondus Secure Online Exams
- PebblePad ePortfolios
- Online Learning Resources
- Activity Data
- Mobile Learning Apps
- Known Issues
- Support - Ask LearnJCU
- Designing Alternative Assessment
- Assessment Methods
- Online Tools for Assessment
- Assessment Case Studies
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Subject Site Setup for Data
- Pre Semester Discovery Report
- PDF Guides
- 1. An Academic's User Guide
- 2. An introduction to Learning Analytics at JCU
- 3. How to run a Level 1 report in LearnJCU
- 4. How to access and run level 2 reports
- 5. An introduction to Learning Analytics reports and how to read the data
- 6. Overview of the Report - Subject at a Glance
- 7. Overview of the Report - Activity and Grade Scatter Plot
- 8. Overview of the Report - Activity Matrix
- 9. Overview of the Report - Subject Submission Summary
- Staff Information
- Student Information
- About LTSE
- Student Success
- Transitions & Retention
- Evaluation & Feedback
- Professional Development & Recognition
Policies & Frameworks
- Subject Outline
- Diploma of Health (Nursing Pathway)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Physician Assistant)
- Postgraduate Biomedical Sciences
- Postgraduate Medicine and Dentistry
- Postgraduate Midwifery
- Postgraduate Nursing Science
- Postgraduate Psychology
- Postgraduate Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Postgraduate Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Graduate Certificate of Aeromedical Retrieval
- Postgraduate Rehabilitation
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
- Graduate Diploma of Rural Generalist Practice
- Master of Clinical Exercise Physiology
- Special Consideration
- Register for Workshops & Events
- MACRO New
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Provost
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- Researcher Development Portal
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- Tropical Queensland Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
BB Annotate is the new inline marking tool available from LearnJCU. It allows teachers to access a student’s submitted assignment online and provide inline grading feedback.
About BB Annotate
There are a wide array of features to select from in the BB Annotate menu, as can be seen in the diagram below.
A diagram of the features available in BB Annotate's menu.
As part of the responsive design the menu will appear differently based on the screen size.
On medium and small screens, the ‘Document View Settings’ will change to display the page number being viewed, and annotation tools will be visible under the ‘View Annotation Tools’ icon. On small screens, the ‘Comment/Content Library’ will be hidden.
Thumbnails of each page show an overview of the document and are clickable to go straight to the required page.
The Outline is based on outlines or contents within word or PDF documents. Most of the time students will not apply this to their document, therefore, this will not usually be seen.
Annotations list all annotations with the exception of comments.
Document view settings
Page navigation allows you to jump to a specific page.
Use the hand/pan tool to move around the page. Very handy to quickly see a part of the document that may be hidden due to the frame size.
Zoom in and out.
Adjust the view to ‘fit the page’, ‘fit the width’ or select the ‘best fit’ for quick view adjustments.
Drawing, Brush and Eraser – Use the drawing and brush tools to freely draw on the document using an assortment of colours, line thickness, and opacity. Use the eraser to remove parts of the drawing or use the trash icon to delete the whole drawing.
Add an image or stamp to the document. There are pre-loaded stamps, such as, a tick or cross stamp. You can also create your own customised stamps.
Add text directly to the document. There are options to move, edit and change the appearance of the text, including font, size, alignment and colour.
Shapes – There are 6 options for adding shapes: ‘Line, Arrow, Rectangle, Ellipse, Polygon and Polyline’. Each choice has its own customisation settings to change the colour, width, opacity, and more. These settings will need to be reset each time you log into LearnJCU to make new annotations.
Any comments you add to the document to provide for feedback will appear to the right of the submission. You can highlight the text and then add a comment to clearly show what part of the document it relates to the comment. Don’t forget to click on the ‘Save’ button, underneath the comment text to save it!
When highlighting text on a submission, an additional menu will appear. This menu allows you to highlight, strikethrough, underline, or comment.
Print and download
The print and download feature allows you to grab a copy of the file with annotations. When downloading, it is recommended to view annotated PDF files in a native PDF viewer such as Adobe Acrobat.
The search tool is a great bonus feature that allows you to search for specific text in the document.
The content library allows you to create a bank of re-usable comments. You can easily add, edit, delete, or search through comments in the library. These comments will be available to ONLY you in ALL your subject sites.
After you have provided a grade, students can access the annotated files but will not be able to add annotations in their submissions.
Supported browsers and file types
Supported file types will open from the following browsers:
You can view and annotate the following documents:
- Microsoft® Word (DOC, DOCX)
- Microsoft® PowerPoint® (PPT, PPTX)
- Microsoft® Excel® (XLS, XLSM, XLSX)
- OpenOffice® Documents (ODS, ODT, ODP)
- Digital Images (JPEG, JPG, PNG, TIF, TIFF, BMP, TGA)
- Medical Images (DICOM, DICM, DCM)
Original formatting and embedded images are preserved. If a student has uploaded an unsupported file, you will be prompted to download it. Please note, BB Annotate relies on submissions with attached files. It does not inline grade comments/answers created in the text (for example, answers to an essay question).