Sessional Staff Resources
JCU's sessional teaching staff make a significant contribution to the learning experience of our students. Sessional staff are valued as key members of the teaching team and the Directorate of Learning, Teaching and Student Engagement (LTSE), along with each College, offers teaching and academic services and support.
All sessional staff are invited to LTSE's series of professional development workshops and events. We also offer induction sessions twice a year specifically for new sessional staff, and, in addition, JCU recognises the valuable contribution of sessional staff, and rewards excellence in sessional teaching through the annual Sessional Teaching Awards.
When starting as a new staff member you be made aware of your occupational health and safety obligations, as well as your workplace rights and responsibilities. Also see HR Online training and user guides, and HR staff development workshops and training.
Other useful links:
- Staff IT essentials
- Staff homepage - room bookings, travel, Riskware, HROnline (to lodge pay timesheets)
- Important dates and academic timetable
- Learning and Teaching policies, documents and frameworks
- LTSE contacts, includes Associate Deans, Learning and Teaching
- Library services for teaching staff, including new staff
- Staff online (e-academic, class lists)
LinkedIn Learning with Lynda.com (login) is an online learning platform that provides staff with free course-based video instruction on a wide range of topics, including business, software, technology and creative skills.