You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Transitions & Retention
- Evaluation and Feedback
- Professional Development & Recognition
Policies & Frameworks
Subject Outline Guide and Template
- Bachelor of Health Science
- Postgraduate Biomedical Sciences
- Postgraduate Medicine and Dentistry
- Postgraduate Midwifery
- Postgraduate Nursing Science
- Postgraduate Psychology
- Postgraduate Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Postgraduate Veterinary Science
- Graduate Diploma of Psychology
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Graduate Certificate of Aeromedical Retrieval
- Postgraduate Rehabilitation
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
- Diploma of Health (Nursing Pathway)
- Graduate Diploma of Rural Generalist Practice
- Subject Outline Guide and Template
A self-service recording studio
— to help you create quality self-service recordings
The use of video in learning and teaching has seen significant growth. It is used to orientate students to a subject via introductory videos and media content is also used to engage students and support them in their learning.
The Studio has been designed to help you quickly and easily produce quality self-service recordings.
Studios are located in the Cairns (A1.240) and Townsville (134.120) campus.
What to expect
- Prepare a script and rehearse
Before booking the studio take a look at some tips on creating an introductory video, including an example script (PDF, 65 KB) that highlights what points to cover. Rehearse what you will say before your booking to make full use of your allocated studio time.
- Book the studio
Complete the booking form. Once you have done this you will receive a follow-up email with calendar invite to confirm your booking.
- Access the studio
Someone from the Create Team will meet you there to let you in.
- Become familiar
When you are let in you will also be shown around the room and equipment.
- Get support
Should you need any further help while in the studio you can contact us. There will be contact details provided.
Frequently asked questions
Q: How can I edit my video?
A: You can use the Mediasite Web Editor for minor edits of your video.
Q: How do I add the video to my subject site?
A: Use the guide to publish Mediasite videos to LearnJCU.
Do you still have questions?
Contact the Create Team via firstname.lastname@example.org