You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Transitions & Retention
- Evaluation and Feedback
- Professional Development & Recognition
Policies & Frameworks
Subject Outline Guide and Template
- Diploma of Health (Nursing Pathway)
- Bachelor of Health Science
- Postgraduate Biomedical Sciences
- Postgraduate Medicine and Dentistry
- Postgraduate Midwifery
- Postgraduate Nursing Science
- Postgraduate Psychology
- Postgraduate Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Postgraduate Veterinary Science
- Graduate Diploma of Psychology
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Graduate Certificate of Aeromedical Retrieval
- Postgraduate Rehabilitation
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
- Graduate Diploma of Rural Generalist Practice
- Subject Outline Guide and Template
A self-service recording studio
— to help you create quality Introductory Videos for your subject
The use of video in learning and teaching has seen significant growth. It is used to orientate students to a subject via introductory videos and also to engage and support students in their learning.
The Studio has been designed to help you quickly and easily produce quality self-service recordings.
It's easy to get started
Step 1 - Prepare
Prepare a script and rehearse
Before booking the studio download an example script (PDF, 65 KB) that highlights the key points to cover in your introductory video. Look at tips on creating an introductory video and don't forget to rehearse.
Save your final script as a word document
Upload your script via the booking form; we can preload it to the teleprompter ready for when you record.
Complete the booking form to request a time to use the studio.
Confirm your booking
Once you have booked, you will receive a calendar invite—from firstname.lastname@example.org—with the date and time. Accept the invite to confirm.
Step 2 - Record
Arrive at the Create Studio early
A Student Digital Assistant will meet you there to let you in and show you around.
No logos or fine patterned clothing. Most videos are recorded in front of a dark-grey-screen, if using the green-screen avoid wearing greens or blues.
A Student Digital Assistant will be available in or just outside the studio to offer assistance or answer any questions you may have.
Step 3 - Deliver
Videos in Mediasite
You can use the Mediasite Web Editor for minor edits of your video.
Add videos to LearnJCU
Contact us via email@example.com
Studios are located in the Cairns (A1.240) and Townsville (134.120) campus.