You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Transitions & Retention
- Evaluation and Feedback
- Professional Development & Recognition
Policies & Frameworks
Subject Outline Guide and Template
- Diploma of Health (Nursing Pathway)
- Bachelor of Health Science
- Postgraduate Biomedical Sciences
- Postgraduate Medicine and Dentistry
- Postgraduate Midwifery
- Postgraduate Nursing Science
- Postgraduate Psychology
- Postgraduate Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Postgraduate Veterinary Science
- Graduate Diploma of Psychology
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Graduate Certificate of Aeromedical Retrieval
- Postgraduate Rehabilitation
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
- Graduate Diploma of Rural Generalist Practice
- Subject Outline Guide and Template
Adjust video security
Adjusting presentation security
- In My Mediasite Dashboard find the video you would like to adjust permissions on and click on the linked title. The presentation’s properties page will open.
- In the right-hand menu, scroll down and click on the green button Edit Security
- In the pop-out window ‘Security’, uncheck the 'Inherit permissions from parent folder'. Once you do this you will see a blue highlighted 'Add people or groups' section:
- Share editor access - Add a staff members name and change ‘Read Only’ to Editor. Click Save. This presentation will then be displayed in their My Mediasite Dashboard.
- Allow video to be viewed outside of the JCU - type the word ' Anonymous ' into the field provided, make sure View is selected from the drop-down list and click Save. Once this is done anyone with the URL of the video will be able to view it.
- Allow video to be viewed by both Staff and Students - type the word ' AuthenticatedUser ' into the field provided, make sure View is selected from the drop-down list and click Save. Once this is done any staff or student with the share URL of the video will be able to view it.
What levels of access does each permission provide?
- Editor - Gives the user read, write, and view permissions. Users with the Editor permission can record or upload content to the presentation as well as edit the presentation using the web editor. The editor must search for the title of the presentation within My Mediasite in to find and edit it
- Write - Gives the user read and write permissions. User with this permission are able to do everything associated with read permissions (see below) and the following:
- View and update the presentation in My Mediasite
- Add time-based annotations to the presentation in showcases with this feature enabled
- Edit and record the presentation
- Read - Allows the user can see the presentation in My Mediasite and shared folders. The user can also add the presentation to a catalogue.
- View - Gives the user view permission. The user is able to see the presentation in catalogues and showcases and play it back.