You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Transitions & Retention
- Evaluation and Feedback
- Professional Development & Recognition
Policies & Frameworks
Subject Outline Guide and Template
- Diploma of Health (Nursing Pathway)
- Bachelor of Health Science
- Postgraduate Biomedical Sciences
- Postgraduate Medicine and Dentistry
- Postgraduate Midwifery
- Postgraduate Nursing Science
- Postgraduate Psychology
- Postgraduate Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Postgraduate Veterinary Science
- Graduate Diploma of Psychology
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Graduate Certificate of Aeromedical Retrieval
- Postgraduate Rehabilitation
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
- Graduate Diploma of Rural Generalist Practice
- Subject Outline Guide and Template
Marking, feedback and credentials
Online marking offers educators and students the benefits of quick turnaround times, particularly when several aspects of marking and feedback are automated.
In addition, originality-checking tools are available to detect plagiarism. Students can access their feedback and results through a secure portal. Modern online marking tools commonly support the addition of comments, diagrams and feedback directly onto the student’s digital submission.
- You can record audio to provide students with timely feedback on their tasks.
- Online assessment submission tools can be used to grade student groups, facilitating end-of-semester administrative processes and supporting assessment analytics
The Grade Centre allows teaching staff to record, organise and display assessment data such as scores and grades for all students in a subject and also provide feedback to students.
A rubric is a grading tool that lists assessment criteria for an assignment and provides online feedback to students on their level of achievement on those criteria. Rubrics help articulate the requirements of an assessment task and can be used to explain assessment decisions.
Assignment inline grading
'Box' is LearnJCU's in-line grading feedback tool that allows you to annotate student assignments directly within the browser on files uploaded and converted for display in the inline viewer. You can assign a grade, provide feedback, and make notes for yourself.
Blackboard Instructor App
The Blackboard Instructor app provides lecturers with a mobile solution for reviewing, grading and providing feedback on students’ submission to LearnJCU assignment dropboxes.
Achievement is a micro-credentialing tool that allows you to create opportunities for students to earn recognition for their work in the form of digital badges and certificates