You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Courses and Study
- Why JCU?
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Biomedical Sciences
- Environmental Management
- Health Studies
- Information Technology
- Marine Science
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Occupational Therapy
- Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Social Work
- Speech Pathology
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Veterinary Science
Course by level
Cities, campuses and study centres
- Services and support
- QTAC Packaged Offers
- International Students
Fees and Financial Support
Exams & Results
- Student forms
The Learning Centre
- Learning Centre Services
- Getting Started
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions
- Develop Your English
- Maths and Statistics
- Short Courses and Workshops
- Downloads and Booklets
- Safe work and study at JCU
Research and Teaching
I want to...
About JCU Research
- Research Performance
Research Centres and Institutes
- Division of Research & Innovation
- Celebrating Research @JCU
- JCU Research Contacts
- Master's by Research
- Fees and Scholarships
- I want to...
Partners and Community
Transitions & Retention
- Evaluation and Feedback
- Professional Development & Recognition
Policies & Frameworks
Subject Outline Guide and Template
- Bachelor of Health Science
- Postgraduate Biomedical Sciences
- Postgraduate Medicine and Dentistry
- Postgraduate Midwifery
- Postgraduate Nursing Science
- Postgraduate Psychology
- Postgraduate Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Postgraduate Veterinary Science
- Graduate Diploma of Psychology
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Graduate Certificate of Aeromedical Retrieval
- Postgraduate Rehabilitation
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
- Diploma of Health (Nursing Pathway)
- Graduate Diploma of Rural Generalist Practice
- Subject Outline Guide and Template
Online assessment and assignment submission can greatly benefit students, teaching staff and administrative support providers. In particular, it improves workflows where students are remotely located or distributed across multiple campuses.
It is also environmentally-friendly, as it means less paper. Educators can use tests or assignments and can encompass a variety of question formats (multiple choice, multiple answer, hotspot, fill-in-the-blank, true-false, short answer/essay and file) as well as automated marking and student/question performance analysis.
When combined with online marking, feedback and reporting, electronic assessment and assignment submission results in significant administrative improvements and provides faster feedback for students.
Tips with online assessments
- The assignment dropbox in LearnJCU accepts a number of different files: PDF documents, Word documents, presentation files and multimedia files however large video files will likely require alternate submission processes.
- Clear submission requirements must be given to students such as file types accepted, file names, the maximum number of files to be submitted and file sizes.
- Students must be provided with sufficient guidance on how to submit their work and technical assistance should be provided to individual students if required.
- Online submission allows one student within a group to submit on behalf of all group members. Subject coordinators are able to allocate the marking of specific assignments to individual tutors. Supported technologies
The Assignment tool is a dropbox for electronic submission and bulk download of any file type. Materials submitted via the assignment dropboxes are not checked for originality.
SafeAssign is an originality checking tool that compares submitted assignments against a set of academic papers to identify areas of overlap between the submitted assignment and existing works.
Tests surveys and pools
Tests and surveys are a useful way to test students’ understanding of key concepts or provide evaluative feedback. A range of question types, multimedia functionality, and feedback options are available.
Self and Peer Assessment
The Self and Peer Assessment tool allows teaching staff to set questions and marking criteria for students to review and assess their own submissions and those of other students
Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor
Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor provide a complementary solution for reducing the potential for cheating in online exams and verifying the identity of the students undertaking the assessment.