You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Transitions & Retention
- Evaluation and Feedback
- Professional Development & Recognition
Policies & Frameworks
Subject Outline Guide and Template
- Bachelor of Health Science
- Postgraduate Biomedical Sciences
- Postgraduate Medicine and Dentistry
- Postgraduate Midwifery
- Postgraduate Nursing Science
- Postgraduate Psychology
- Postgraduate Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Postgraduate Veterinary Science
- Graduate Diploma of Psychology
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Graduate Certificate of Aeromedical Retrieval
- Postgraduate Rehabilitation
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
- Diploma of Health (Nursing Pathway)
- Graduate Diploma of Rural Generalist Practice
- Subject Outline Guide and Template
Synchronous communication tools enable real time communication and collaboration in a ‘same time-different place’ mode.
This type of communication promotes:
- Allows for immediate response and feedback
- And can take place irrespective of distance.
Examples of synchronous communication techniques, are:
- Online conferences
- Student response systems.
Tools such as Collaborate Ultra also offer functions which allow for simultaneous viewing of whiteboard drawings, sharing of images and simultaneous internet browsing, creating a more engaging learning environment.
Get started with using Blackboard Collaborate Ultra, a real-time virtual classroom and web conferencing tool that lets you add files, share applications, and use a virtual whiteboard to interact.
GoSoapBox is a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Student Response System where students use Wi-Fi enabled devices on campus to interact online with their lecturer and peers before, during or after a face-to-face class. The tool promotes student engagement in an active learning approach. It has features where students can indicate their level of understanding through the Confusion Barometer; and lecturers can create quizzes and polls, discussion topics/questions. All data can be exported by the lecturer for later analysis and response. GoSoapBox is compatible with a variety of mobile devices such as laptop computers, tablets and smartphones.